What's new

Search results

1. U

Dimension a DIA on a detail view

Hi all, I have a view which shows a step on the part. I've given it a detail view, increased the scale and positioned on the sheet. I then want to dimension the diameters. I thought I'll add a centre line and then dimension to that, then overide the dimension with the figure it should be. Not...
  2. U

Hole call out and pockets

Hi all, I've just drafted up a job I've done with some holes in and machined pockets on the same face. In the history my counterbored hole was done first, I then did a pocket, so taking depth away from the counterbore. I then did the drawing. Granted this may be a little back to front but...
  3. U

Break out stops hole call out from working?

Hi all, I'm putting a drawing together and have used a break out to dimension some holes from another hole. I came to use the hole call out and it's missing in that view. I redid the view, without a break out section, and I get the hole call out. Anyone else seeing this?
  4. U

Aligned Centre hole marks

Hi all, Is there a way to apply 2 centre marks in line with each other? Let's say you have a part that is straight then has a 45 degree bend at the end. I've done a rough sketch. I want to select those two holes and add a centre marks so I can dimensions than on the angle. I know I can edit the...
  5. U

Advanced select sketch projection

Hi all, I have a stl which I am remodelling to a solid. When in the sketch I am picking some stl edges to project into the sketch. If I try and click more than one edge with 'advanced selection' it doesn't work. Is this correct? Normally you can select loads if you are just selecting, but with...
  6. U

Lively Extrude

I was working without my space mouse the other day and used the nav cube to spin the model around when extruding a boss. Noticed the extrusion adjusts by itself when using this method. I mean it really doesn't matter but at the same time could this be a bug?
  7. U

Sweep subtract help

Hi all, After a little help if possible please? I've swept a sketch around another sketch and when I do the subtract I'm left with a single surface. I've attached the part. So to get the sweep path I've started a sketch and extracted the curves of a face. Then put in another simple sketch which...
  8. U

Import Surface

Hi all, I'm trying to bring in a surface, either igs or 3dm. Either it thinks about brings in something because the reference planes expand to suit it's size but I can't see anything. I've reset all my colours, changed the background. Tried it with and without a solid in the part body as well...
  9. U

Thread funny representation change

Hi all, I've upgraded to v25 and just doing some mods on a job. I've added a tapped hole and when I switched between through and blind the representation changes. Gives the impression of a fine thread. I've done a drawing of it and it showed a standard metric thread. The part is only 12mm...
  10. U

Inventor Import - Section Not working

Hi all, I had an inventor part which I imported and knocked up a quick drawing. I did a section through the holes in it but then in the section view it didn't show the holes? Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Cheers