What's new

Search results

1. C

Stress testing

Another freebee: https://wiki.freecad.org/FEM_Workbench
  2. C

Extend Alibre Atom3D trial?

I don't know whether it would have fixed your problem, but I always use Revo Uninstaller to remove a program and all its history/related registry leftovers.
  3. C

Opening DXF files

Do both Alibre versions show up on the Right-click Open-with menu? If not, it's editable.
  4. C

Sheet Metal Loft

Joko Engineering covers this. See beginning at approximately 1:03:00.
  5. C

shrink connection

At least in the situation of a diametrical shrink fit, volumetric expansion isn't the best way to calculate shrink strength. The length is only marginally changed and the change has little relevance to the total stresses.
  6. C

Poll: PDF of Help?

Here's a single-page printout of the Shortcut Keys.
  7. C

Bad area measurement

Decimal numbers are converted from the Binary that the computer uses. It's never an exact translation.
  8. C

Poll: PDF of Help?

For those not experienced with working parametrically, it's really hard to understand the whole process. Consequenty, the entire manual better teaches the parametric paradigm. That's why I spent the time: For myself.
  9. C

Any thoughts on an updated users guide/manual?

True, but the PDF is easier to browse when you are just starting out and have no idea what is available. It's nice to have everything at hand.
  10. C

It wasn't that much work. Under 2 hours. I just expanded each section and used the print function to Print to PDF. The hard part was combining each section into a single PDF with another program.
  11. C

Jayray: Replace the underscores with periods. The forum doesn't allow links so I had to cheat. I am not associated with Alibre. It's all my own initiative. The PDF is compiled from a Help file dated 11/23/2021. That's the one I got when I bought the program a month ago. If anyone has a later...
  12. C

If anyone is interested, I've compiled almost all of the help manual into a single pdf. I have uploaded it to my website. It's almost 1000 pages long (115mb). Link: wwslalom_dot_net/alibre/alibre_manual.pdf If someone can post it to another public site, it would be appreciated. I have limited...