What's new

Search results

1. Ex Machina

Alibre Design - Modeling with a Twist

Really cool vid. Well done Harold!
  2. Ex Machina

10 Black Belt Moves in Alibre!

Wow, really cool approach Stu. Very interesting solution. And of course, I agree that Ty's trick is amazing. Genius in its simplicity
  3. Ex Machina

Very true. I have. One planetary gear set ready for delivery. Really cool add-in to be honest.
  4. Ex Machina

ATOM3D does it have the alibre toolbox?

Toolbox is available only in expert. But you do have the Excel Add-In in Atom 3D. Although it can't replicate the raw power of the Toolbox you could setup a couple of workflows with it that will allow you to do things a bit faster. If you have something specific in mind let us know and we...
  5. Ex Machina

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Airwick got it! A deserving champion for this Spring Open. I'll practice and try to go further on the next one guys.
  6. Ex Machina

Thanks a lot, man! I think I might even have enough material for a second one. But these are definitely the important ones.
  7. Ex Machina

So, here's a compilation of various little tips and tricks I use daily in Alibre. Some you can find in older videos of mine, some are updates from those videos and some are new. Let me know what you think guys and if you have any other little tips and tricks you use and you'd like to share with...
  8. Ex Machina

Creating a hull from a table of offsets?

If you have the table as a text file and do not want to remake it, then you need to use the excel plug in. Otherwise, you can definitely input the offsets in the equation editor and use them from there.
  9. Ex Machina

the grid is not displayed correctly

What is the issue Harold, I can't understand..?
  10. Ex Machina

I'm not sure what the problem is. In 3D sketching, the grid is not supposed to follow any particular position. It's just there to show you the direction you're sketching at. The cursor and elevation will give you more accurate information.
  11. Ex Machina

Hey HPM, check my 3D sketch video in the tutorials and let me know if there's something more you re looking for. However, bear in mind that any model can be developed with 2D sketches on various planes. But 3D sketch has certainly got its place.
  12. Ex Machina

Trigonometric Functions in the Equation Editor

It would seem that all of the numbers in that equation are natural numbers, i.e. do not have any units. That in turn means that the Db value you're trying to calculate does not have any units but you are trying to use it as a length. That is why the error is thrown. Now, why the result appears...
  13. Ex Machina

serious problem

Something similar had happened to me back in v24. Every time I saved a part the original planes became larger and larger and when I hit zoom to fit the part was getting further and further away. I was told that the file had become corrupt and had to redo it. Fortunately, that was a step that I...
  14. Ex Machina

Videos for Alibre but Maybe Not Atom3D?

Cool, I hope it helps. If you have any trouble or don't understnad something, comment in the video or here. I'll try and explain it to you as best I can
  15. Ex Machina

Videos for Alibre but Maybe Not Atom3D?

Cool useful resource Silver! Thanks!
  16. Ex Machina

Re-Usable geometry

Nate approach is probably your best bet for what you're trying to achieve.
  17. Ex Machina

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the vote of confidence. Unfortunately, I didn't do well and I was far from my best self. I rewatched the video and was wondering literally what was I thinking. I'm still not 100% but I'm better. That's the bad news. The good news, is that there is another...
  18. Ex Machina

Thanks to everyone guys. I'm heading in in a couple of minutes to do the pre-game prep. I'll try guys. I have a sore throat and a bit of a fever but they way I see it that just means that... I'll be on FIRE tonight... lol (fever talking)
  19. Ex Machina

You're the man Gary!!! Thanks. I'll try my best
  20. Ex Machina

Hey man. I am competing today,, you are right. However, on top of everything else I have a fever too. I'll be there competing. Maybe I'll cough and give Imants laptop a virus and win. But I'll try guys