What's new

Search results

1. K

Lofting with 3D Guide Curves - Fails

The attached file is a bit of a mess, but it was all done to generate the 3D spline guide curves for the sweeps and lofts. I used the method in this video which teaches using the edge formed by the intersection of two surfaces and then project to sketch to capture the curve. One difference...
  2. K

Display of Shelled Model

Hopefully this is a simple one for you experienced fellas. After I shelled the solid in the first picture, it displays as transparent instead of a solid grey model with a 1/4" wall, and it displays all construction lines inside and out. I went to the view tab in the shelled picture, and you can...
  3. K

Treatment of Sketches Used for Modeling Functions

I've made a lot of progress learning Alibre but have several things that still seem to frustrate and cost me a lot of time. I'd sure like to figure out what it is I'm doing to avoid such. Here it goes. 1. I gathered that once a sketch is used for a modeling function, it is no longer available...
  4. K

Novice Qs and Shelling and Filleting Solids

I try to exhaust the Alibre Documentation, YouTube, and of course help here in that order. It's a bit of a leap from 2D to solid and parametric modeling. I struggle with getting sketches fully/properly constrained, good work flow, editing, and modeling as I'm sure is obvious. Attached is the...
  5. K

Lofting with 3D Spline guide curves

Joseph. I have viewed your YT lofting videos. I especially like this one: Very helpful, as complex as some of the lofted shapes are, unless I'm mistaken, the video never actually uses a 3D spline as a guide curve. It is a very important capability for me. I have invested a lot of time, viewed...
  6. K

Lofting Help

Need some help lofting fellas. The attached is the center section of a V8 automotive intake manifold. There are 8 pairs of port windows that need to be connected by loft. I have all of the sketches for the lofts in the correct positions except for two (more on that later). Attached is the file...
  7. K

Help with Lofting

I'm still very much a novice and this file will probably emphasize that but I dont understand what is creating the problem with Loft 3. When I suppress extrusion 4 it displays fine but throws an error with extrusion 4 active. I'm trying to use the combination of features to create a machining...
  8. K

Centerline Lofting along 3D Spline

Hi all, In the attached file I was attempting to loft (Loft 7) the filleted rectangle (Port Window) to the circular sketch (Carb Opening) along the 3D Spline (Runner Centerline). It fails and I get the error "SKIN_PATH_PROFILE_NO_PERP: Profile plane and tangent of the path are not...
  9. K

New to Alibre, Some Qs

Hi all, first post here. Recently purchased Alibre Pro v25. I have some previous experience with mostly 2D work, but new to Alibre as will become quite obvious shortly. I’ve taken in all the sketching and most of the modeling tutorials. I have some questions. Attached is a sketch of an intake...