What's new

Search results

1. S

Where used in BOM request

Which assemblies use a particular part. It may be used within the assembly from which the BOM is generated, and used within sub assemblies of that assembly. By providing a part name and configuration name a list is produced that denotes the assemblies that use that part in that configuration.
  2. S

Apologies, I Just realised I put this in the wrong section.
  3. S

I have a request for a script. Please could someone create a script (I'm assume this can be achieved through script) that adds a column to a BOM that denotes in which assembly/assemblies a part is used.
  4. S

Hole Table

Is it possible to generate a hole table from a part or part drawing ?
  5. S

Error list ?

Is that aimed at me, or Alibre ?
  6. S

Error list ?

Is there a full list of all potential errors and their meanings ?
  7. S

Motion script needs update for V27

Apologies, but insert in which line number ?
  8. S

Thanks David.
  9. S

I have a script which I borrowed from Nate (https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/motion-studies.21013/#post-134869) This worked well in V26 but does not run in V27. Does anyone have any ideas ? Many thanks
  10. S

Toolbox VS Part/Assembly Configurations

What are the differences between Toolbox and Part/Assembly configurations and the Pro's and Con's of both.
  11. S

Sincere thanks for V27

My sincere thanks to all at Alibre. V27 has made vast improvements to my models in shortening the tree through grouping and has also massively improved on constraint handling. Due to their complexity some of my models under V26 were very jittery when dragging parts in rotation, now under V27...
  12. S

AI tools integration. Any plans? here some ideas

I absolutely agree. There is no way I want Alibre associated with cloud !!
  13. S

Exploded assembly collapsed in drawing view.

I have deleted the original view, created a new view, closed and reopened Alibre. Thus far the view is remaining in the exploded state. Thankfully the BOM callouts are still numbering correctly.
  14. S

Exploded assembly collapsed in drawing view.

Yesterday I created a drawing wherein I added a view orientation set to the exploded view. This morning when I opened the drawing the view has collapsed to its assembled state and I can not find a way to refresh the view to the set/exploded state. I am obviously missing something. Does anyone...
  15. S

Hyperlinks in 2D drawings ?

Got it. Many thanks. That is a powerful tool !
  16. S

I have tried merging with both online and downloaded software. Although I was able to combined the two documents into one, the hyperlinks within the explode were not printed/transferred.
  17. S

Is it possible to insert a hyperlink into a 2D drawing that will open the corresponding 3D pdf exploded view ?
  18. S

When is an Axis, not an Axis ?

When you are trying to use two axes to form a constraint. Try constraining 'Y' of the 'Axis Test Sub Assembly' with the 'Test Axis' of the 'Axis Test Main Assembly'
  19. S

Walschaerts (Resolved)

Thank you again for your work.
  20. S

Walschaerts (Resolved)

Thanks Jim. That's Bl...y Fantastic !! I really appreciate it. I can look at that al day. How did you do it ?