What's new

Search results

1. G

How to make a plane at an angle

I don't seem to have the 'project to sketch' feature in Atom. A search in the search bar comes up with nothing. There does not seem to be any references between the different parts when one is 'active'.
  2. G

Thanks for the reply! The $550 is the cost to upgrade from Atom. Harold was most helpful. I must not have explained what I am trying to do very well. I am making the small part that will screw onto the tube, but can not figure out how to make two screw holes that are not perpendicular. Is there...
  3. G

Looks like I'm $550 away from a solution...
  4. G

Harold: At 13:29 in the video you select "Insert Point From Sketch". I can't seem to find that option in Atom 3D.
  5. G

I have Atom 3D.
  6. G

I did not know that was a thing. Tks.
  7. G

Please look at the assembly drawing as then my question should be obvious. The part Optic Holder will be screwed to the can wall with three screws. The shown hole was easy as it is simply perpendicular to the can wall. However, the other two holes will need to be at an angle so the screw heads...
  8. G

Question about a SWEEP error 'WIRE_X_AXIS: Wire Intersects Axis'

So, I figured it out. I was trying to Sweep the shape around to tight of a radius. Once the radius is .05" vs .03" it worked fine.
  9. G

I attached the wrong file for the third one. This is the correct one with the new plane.
  10. G

I attached two almost identical drawings. One has an error with a sweep and the other does not. The only difference is the location and size of the circle Sketch To Sweep. I also tried a different plane so the circle is centered on the Path. I'm just a bit confused. Thanks
  11. G

Trying to delete a piece floating in space

Never mind my reply. That worked. And thanks.
  12. G

Is there a way to delete it? It would be a 'cleaner' drawing.
  13. G

This drawing was modified from another. I reduced the height of the box. Now there is a piece floating above the radius cut and I can not figure out how to delete it. I can find both the faces, lines, and vertices that make it up and it is on plane 'Antenna Hole Material' but none will delete. I...
  14. G

Make a 2D drawing from a 3D?

I do not see this option. Is it available in Atom 3D?
  15. G

Make a 2D drawing from a 3D?

Is it possible to take a 3D layer and lay it flat into a 2D drawing so I can make a template to cut it out? I need to make a pattern to cut and form sheet metal into a funnel cone. Thanks
  16. G

Why can't I dimension this radius?

That does make sense. I am still learning this software. Thanks
  17. G

Thank you sir!
  18. G

I changed the dimension to the sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Right" to .350 which worked fine. Then I tried to change the same dimension in sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Left" and the value is greyed out. I can't figure out why. There is a mirrored hole and a chamfer, but I deleted them and still could...
  19. G

Problem with a Loft Cut

That is exactly what I was after. Thank You very much!
  20. G

Problem with a Loft Cut

That is what I was after, however, I cant seem to get it to work. Here is a screen shot of the error I get