What's new

Search results

1. G

How to make a plane at an angle

Please look at the assembly drawing as then my question should be obvious. The part Optic Holder will be screwed to the can wall with three screws. The shown hole was easy as it is simply perpendicular to the can wall. However, the other two holes will need to be at an angle so the screw heads...
  2. G

Question about a SWEEP error 'WIRE_X_AXIS: Wire Intersects Axis'

I attached two almost identical drawings. One has an error with a sweep and the other does not. The only difference is the location and size of the circle Sketch To Sweep. I also tried a different plane so the circle is centered on the Path. I'm just a bit confused. Thanks
  3. G

Trying to delete a piece floating in space

This drawing was modified from another. I reduced the height of the box. Now there is a piece floating above the radius cut and I can not figure out how to delete it. I can find both the faces, lines, and vertices that make it up and it is on plane 'Antenna Hole Material' but none will delete. I...
  4. G

Make a 2D drawing from a 3D?

Is it possible to take a 3D layer and lay it flat into a 2D drawing so I can make a template to cut it out? I need to make a pattern to cut and form sheet metal into a funnel cone. Thanks
  5. G

Why can't I dimension this radius?

I changed the dimension to the sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Right" to .350 which worked fine. Then I tried to change the same dimension in sketch "Rod Holder Sketch Left" and the value is greyed out. I can't figure out why. There is a mirrored hole and a chamfer, but I deleted them and still could...
  6. G

Problem with a Loft Cut

I am trying to make a Loft Cut but not figuring out how. I get the concept of a profile and path. The profile for one side is on sketch Loft Cut Profile and the path is on sketch Wire Thru Hole Body. Ideally, the profile would be at the same angle as the path but the cut is only to feed wires...
  7. G

How to make an extrude cut from the bottom of one loft cut to the bottom of it's mirrored cut.

My goal with this drawing is a square bar with a hole connecting 2 3/8" NPT relief holes. I can not figure out how to make the extrude cut from one relief to the other. Thanks. Garry
  8. G

Trying to add a second revolve cut

This is just an arbitrary drawing trying to learn this software. What I'm trying to do is make a second o-ring groove inside of the first one. I made a new plane for the revolve to rotate around but now can not seem to get the circle to trim to make the groove. I tried to add an axis but could...