What's new

Search results

1. D

Atom3D Forum ?

One thing that occurs to me is that it isn't obvious to new Atom users to ask Atom questions in the Design forum. I know that I certainly didn't automatically assume that is where I should ask Atom questions.
  2. D

A beginners walk-through on creating planes in Alibre.

I think the point is that Alibre makes two CAD products which are related and similar but definitely not the same.
  3. D

I moderate two forums and it would be a simple thing to do there.
  4. D

I've thought about upgrading but I'm not sure I'd benefit from all of the expanded capability being a rank CAD newbie.
  5. D

Thanks for this Ken. It looks like Designer is somewhat easier than Atom.
  6. D

Unable to make imported DWG work in Atom3D

I would have done that in this case too except the dxf was so messed up I was unable to pull dimensions from it.
  7. D

Just wanted to say thanks for the help and guidance. I was really struggling with importing DWGs. Getting all kinds of open loop and overlap errors. Sorted those out and then when trying to extrude I got an 'endpoint is wrongly shared by multiple entries' error. Managed to figure out what that...
  8. D

Thanks, I'm slowly working through them.
  9. D

Thanks. I had watched that and it was helpful.
  10. D

Ok that helped. I didn't realize that the analyze tool would identify the offending areas on the sketch.
  11. D

I have been trying to figure out how to turn a dwg into a 3D object. Followed this to the letter: https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!alibre-help-v26/create-a-3d-part-from-an-imported-2d-dxf-or-dwg When I paste the drawing into a new sketch I get nothing but a mass of lines, all red and no clear...
  12. D

Atom3D and threads for 3D printing

Maybe I'll add my voice to that ask!
  13. D

Thanks @Ken226
  14. D

I've done a bunch of searching here and elsewhere and it seems that only Alibre Design has the ability to make actual threaded holes and not just cosmetic threads. Or is there some hidden way to make threads?
  15. D

Not sure what I did wrong here

Thanks @jfleming that's a super useful tip!
  16. D

Thanks @jcdammeyer
  17. D

Oh that's super helpful on the circle error. I'll have a look at the other sketch tomorrow and see if I can't figure out what I did wrong.
  18. D

Hi all, new user here hoping for a bit of guidance. Last night I designed the attached part for 3D printing. My work flow was this: Activated a sketch on the XZ plane Drew a square Extruded to desired thickness Activated a sketch on one face Drew another square Did a cut extrude to lower that...
  19. D

Thoughts on this laptop for Atom3D

Thanks @Ken226 I appreciate that feedback.