What's new

Search results

1. kiwiavi

Draw rectangle and move center to origin.

Yes somthing is odd. I bought Atom some 10 years ago to learn 3D but never got around to it. I think I renewed once, but still never got to use it. I use Turbocad weekly for my work and that is all 2.5 D. This year I bougth the upgrade. There was something wrong with my licence number and...
  2. kiwiavi

I am using a registered verion of Atom3D V24. I created the hole tool using the popup. The circle, I created with the sketch drawing options. I must be missing something, because it should work with the ctrl key but I cannot move either. . I had a mate with 20 years of Solidworks try and give me...
  3. kiwiavi

Can you please confirm that V24 Atom has this feature. I could not move the bolt hole. I added new hole and could move it freely. Once I dimensioned in X and Y directions and it went black, , I could not move/drag it and CTRL made no difference.
  4. kiwiavi

Just realized that I posted the PDF and not the part, sorry.. The file I should have posted. I can't move the hole.
  5. kiwiavi

I want to move the hole and I thought dimensioning the center from the edge would do it.
  6. kiwiavi

Hi chaps, thanks for you patience. I look at new software like learing Chinese. You can listen to the lectures, learn the words, but you still can't communicate. It just takes time. A bit every day and then you get somewhere. Like most things, easy, once you have done it before. OK I have my 2...
  7. kiwiavi

What has come to mind is that Alibre and maybe all other 3D CAD programs seem to have their own langage and way of operating. I've been through many tutorials and learned some info but as soon as I take one step forward, I then take several back. What bit of logic/understaniong am I missing...
  8. kiwiavi

I found that the CTRL key brought up extra options and I managed to move the rectangle to the origin and the drawing went black. I added a further detail and now my drawing is gone. If I click Sketch1 I see the outline. Once I move to the active screen, its gone.
  9. kiwiavi

I seem to be going backwards. I set the grid to 1 mm but it's not correct ? What am I doing wrong? I saved and reloaded the file but no change.
  10. kiwiavi

In most of my designs, I use snap to grid. A little bit of forethought makes much better models. In TurboCAD, when you select draw a line, circle or anything else, a right click of the mouse bring up all the snap options. Very convenient.
  11. kiwiavi

Thanks for the replies. Ok I can draw a rectangle about the center. All good, box ticked. Ok back to the move. How do I add a node to the center of a construction line? It keeps adding a node to the nearest grid intersection. I presume that if you do a move, all the items in the sketch move...
  12. kiwiavi

Seems such a simple task but for the love of me I can't do it. My thoughts were, draw a rectangle, put some diagonal cross lines in it, snap to the center and move to the origin. Noooo. I have a TurboCAD background so I'm probably not thinking 'Alibre' How do I Alibretise this task? Thanks...
  13. kiwiavi

Window 7 won't connect to server for upgrade

I was told that it would not work with Win7. Glad its is going. I'm still on 24. Is 26 any quicker on a win 7 machine ?
  14. kiwiavi

CAM Software

I use sheetcam. It is excellent and Les keeps it very up to date. The name should be changed. it is full cnc package with tool libary etc. i use it daily. It even downloads to your machine. Has 100s of post processors. At 110 Pounds it is a bragin.
  15. kiwiavi

Ver 26 on Win 7

Thanks for the quick replies. I have 24043. I'll leave it for the moment.
  16. kiwiavi

Ver 26 on Win 7

Gone back to V24. I'm Win 7 and going to stay there as long as I can. On reinstalling V24 it askes if I want to update, is this update for ver V24 bugs or and update to V25?
  17. kiwiavi

Ver 26 on Win 7

Oh dear, where has my Alibre V24 gone ? The comments say it can be run side by side but after installation, V24 has completely gone from my machine including the desktop icon. ?
  18. kiwiavi

Ver 26 on Win 7

Not sure where to post this but I have V24 running sweet and decided to try V26 Beta Error Message: The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Thanks Wallace.
  19. kiwiavi

Measure tool - again.....

I had a wholei lot of measurements to do on and part last week and I found it easiest was to export to DXF and use Turbocad. It has all the features of snap to center, snap to point etc. I normally get models from clents and then need to measure to set up my machine. The export was a really...
  20. kiwiavi

New drawing shows wrong view.

Ok I found out what is wrong. For some reason the spacing between the 3 views is too small. It is all there just they are overlapped.