What's new

Search results

1. Max

Sooo...What's this?

Relief Maker was not created as a response to the existing Alibre customer base - it's an opportunity to create and address a new market segment for us, while exposing lots of otherwise non-customers to Alibre Design as well. It's important to stress as well that Relief Maker didn't use our...
  2. Max

Sooo...What's this?

RM has a command line interface btw, though there is currently no documentation for it. Just some info for your back pocket.
  3. Max

Sooo...What's this?

Again, I’m not sure why one would want this. Like what is the point or use case? This is how one would consume the outputs of Relief Maker. Lots of programs can go from heightmap to mesh, it’s very common. The relief maker tutorials show this on many different applications. Sounds easy :)...
  4. Max

Sooo...What's this?

I mean that's possible I suppose. What I do not yet fully understand is why. Most of the reliefs that you'll find in real life are of organic subjects, such as a deer or a skull or whatever. Reliefs of mechanical objects are not super common, relatively speaking. So what is the use case here...
  5. Max

Sooo...What's this?

It’s none of that. Alibre Design can’t perform operations on mesh data. It’s that simple. It can’t use it, open it, display it, ACIS (the one we use anyway) doesn’t support mesh. The technical challenge is answering the question “what does working with meshes in AD mean” and then “how do we do...
  6. Max

Sooo...What's this?

More accurately the barrier to integration is extraordinarily high from a technical perspective and is not possible unless and until we integrate mesh capabilities in AD.
  7. Max

Sooo...What's this?

This product is primarily consumable by software that use mesh models or voxels as their core data type. Products like Aspire or Zbrush or Carveco. Fusion can utilize the outputs in somewhat limited capacity mostly due to 3rd party addins. But the mesh outputs can be very dense and...
  8. Max

Sooo...What's this?

No, it was not an acquisition. We saw a great technical paper and approached the author to help us create this product because we saw a need in the market for this to be productized. Part of the reason we haven’t announced it was we wanted to organically test the market need without inflating...
  9. Max

Our first DDoS attack

Today we had our first DDoS attack on alibre.com and, consequently, the forum. We were able to mitigate the issue, though our site was down for about 5 hours. The mitigation also prompted us to harden some other areas of our infrastructure, so hopefully future attacks will not be impactful.
  10. Max

SVG Export out of Atom3d is oversized

Atom3D can import DWX and DXF. In all versions, that must be done inside a 2D drawing and then copy/pasted into a part. In all versions, you can open SVG directly into a part.
  11. Max

User Gallery Limits

Do you see this:
  12. Max

User Gallery Limits

Looks like the current max file size is 10mb and the per-user global limit is 100mb.
  13. Max

User Gallery Limits

It may be, not sure. I'll have to look into it. Regardless even if I doubled your global limit you would still only be able to upload 1 more PNG file that big, so we should start with getting those file sizes down.
  14. Max

User Gallery Limits

Hi Ken, first ensure you aren't uploading huge PNG files. The PNG format is great for maximum possible quality; however this image is almost 15MB in size, and for showing stuff off on the web there is almost no reason to use something that high quality. Open the image and save it as a JPG file...
  15. Max

UI Feedback requested :D

I don't necessarily agree, though I understand where you are coming from. Let's take a simple example of Draft Angle. We don't show the Draft Angle numerical input by default. We do show a Draft Angle checkbox, which once you click it the Draft Angle gets shown. This scenario plays out...
  16. Max

Yes, I intentionally showed them in their most expanded states, or close to it. Most people will not have most things expanded most of the time.
  17. Max

Well, the image you have is for the website which is a totally different and automated translation. The product itself is translated into more languages, typically by channel partners. So yes, generally they work with us prior to launch to make sure dialogs using their translated strings are...
  18. Max

Some are taller than their legacy counterparts, but most are narrower. There are quite a few design goals - looking nice is just a bonus: Consistency Many dialogs today are wildly inconsistent across many metrics. For example, some have inputs with a flip button; others do not - for no good...
  19. Max

VOTE: Do you use the Spinners?

I think we have concluded we cannot remove spinners. Thanks! Going to close this thread.
  20. Max

WinForms via the DevExpress toolkit.