What's new

Search results

1. jcdammeyer

Drawing a spiral slot.

Assuming a 3mm cutter (ie. 3mm wide slot) and 6mm pitch is there an easy way in Alibre to draw a spiral? Like the back of a 3 jaw chuck?
  2. jcdammeyer

How to extrude text

I'm not sure why the extrude boss won't raise the text characters here. There's no error message. Just at red OK button. What do I do to make this work?
  3. jcdammeyer

Can't run Alibre Atom

I thought I'd take a look at Alibre Atom. Maybe I'd be able to get along with something other than Alibre Expert which I've not upgraded due to the ugly V26 user interface. Perhaps Alibre Atom has improved the user interface. However there's no way to try the 30 day evaluation. When I run...
  4. jcdammeyer

Placing text on a curve

With what version of Alibre is it possible to place text along a curve or arc?
  5. jcdammeyer

Creating spirals

CNC G-Code can create arcs using either radius or I and J to represent the origin. The CAM program I use can create a circular pocket using a spiral path which turns out to be a series of short lines. I started thinking about how I'd draw a spiral in Alibre and stumbled a bit. The ideal is...
  6. jcdammeyer

Optimum Motherboard for WIN-10/11 and Alibre

I think the writing is on the wall. Last night my WIN-7 system decided to boot to the black screen and cursor. So far I haven't been able to solve the problem. Could be a virus. Luckily the system still works. Plugging in an older 1TB drive from June2020 still works and then adding the...
  7. jcdammeyer

Curved boxes.

A friend managed to bring the STL file into Fusion360 and convert to a STEP file after Geomagic failed. What I'd really like to be able to do is draw this box myself but I am really not sure how to go about making this. Straight front and back but curved sides. How do I extrude this sort of...
  8. jcdammeyer

Help page has issues.

9. jcdammeyer

Simulating toothed belts and motion in an Assembly

Is it possible to create a toothed timing belt that connects two pulleys and then turn one pulley and have it move the belt and turn the other pulley?
  10. jcdammeyer

Interaction in an assembly

I've been modeling this project drawing the AD_PRT files from either the 2D drawings or in some cases Fusion360 converted STL to STP or GeomagicCAD STL to AD_PRT. https://www.anninrobotics.com/ I can move the arm up and down independently. However, when I rotate the base the arm also moves up...
  11. jcdammeyer

Call outs in 2D drawings.

I did this drawing two years ago. Since its 1020mm long it's kind of difficult to get any detail. And yet somehow I made these call outs. I don't remember how I did it. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere? Or is it dirt simple? Edit: Yes. Dirt simple as it turns out. Select...
  12. jcdammeyer

Uninstalling versions of Alibre.

I'm trying to clean up some space and organize. I find I have two copies of Alibre. And in C:/Program Files/ Running from the Program/Alibre Design.exe for each version I get the request to enter license key so I've correctly released the license as per the instructions. But under the...
  13. jcdammeyer

Locking a hub in an assembly.

I've been modeling my 12" box pan brake with some improvements. Ultimately I'll want to change from the eccentric fore/aft adjustment to something linear. That's because the fore/aft also raises and lowers the bending fingers. I don't like adjustments with side effects. With the simulation I...
  14. jcdammeyer

DXF to AD_PRT conversion

Is there a way to import a DXF so it becomes the 2D drawing on a plane that can then be extruded to the appropriate thickness? For example the attached drawing. It's a part from a Curliss steam engine model. Easy enough to import as an AD_DRW and add dimensions to create hardcopy drawing...
  15. jcdammeyer

Updating Maintenance.

Well I did try and update and buy another year of maintenance before the 29th of July. Even sent an email asking why I was being charged an extra $200 for expired maintenance when I was trying to renew before it expired. No answer on that. And I wasn't about to pay an extra $200 for renewing...
  16. jcdammeyer

Screen Setup

Just downloaded Alibre25. Why is it that upgrades can't read in the existing configuration and set up the new system like the old one. Now I have to spend an unpaid hour to try and figure out how to put things back the way they were. The other alternative is to figure out how to revert back to...
  17. jcdammeyer

Space Mouse

Anyone using this with Alibre? Their web site says Alibre is supported. SpaceMouse
  18. jcdammeyer

Parallel spline lines

I have a case where I have to make another slightly shorter version of the attached sketch with the reference changed to 18 instead of 21. It's a fairly free form line but the second one needs to be 1mm from the first. The drawing is then revolved around to make a unique shape cup attached to...
  19. jcdammeyer

dwg file not imported

I can import this file with Visual CAD/CAM but not with Alibre V24.
  20. jcdammeyer

Rotating parts

I've created two gears using the Python Script, modified to use module. The gears are meant to be stacked and what I'd like is to have the centerline of a tooth on axis so that when the gears are connected the one tooth that matches is also in line with both the 3 mounting holes and the mark on...