What's new

Search results

1. GDBranch

Anybody have material specs for 3D print filaments?

Not sure what specifically your looking for but Prusa has a comparison chart of filaments they sell. https://help.prusa3d.com/en/materials Clicking on a filament type,like PLA, will open up more specific info.
  2. GDBranch

Has V23 solved sluggish behavior and small dimensions?

I paid $460 for V22 and it brought shrinking text. 12 months later it's still doing it. Another years maintenance and shrinking text will cost $920. Sorry, but I'm just not seeing the value in maintenance. A large percentage of my time is spent dimensioning sketches and much of that time...
  3. GDBranch

Has V23 solved sluggish behavior and small dimensions?

I opted out of maintenance, again, because of sluggish behavior in V22 and small dimensions. Infuriatingly unproductive for me and I could see no justification in another $460 of maintenance. I was honestly happier with pre V22 revs. So, has the incredible shrinking dimensions issue been...
  4. GDBranch

Keyshot 9

I installed nine and it works just fine. Then Keyshot had an update to 9.2 and the update worked fine also.
  5. GDBranch

3D printing - thinking of buying a machine...

Here's a link to an interesting video about Joseph Prusa and the history of his machines. At the 22.49 point he shows you his print farm of 500 Prusa Mk3's creating printer parts. I believe he uses the textured plate exclusively and all printed parts are now PETG with the exception of the...
  6. GDBranch

3D printing - thinking of buying a machine...

On my Mk3 PETG tends to stick too well to the PEI build plate. I've had ABS warp at the corners but never with PETG.
  7. GDBranch

Architecture, Stone and ZBrush

Stunning!
  8. GDBranch

Alibre Design official Theme!

Then there's my favorite.
  9. GDBranch

GRRR

Thank you Scott. I appreciate the offer. Gary
  10. GDBranch

GRRR

Up until two years ago I had no need for mesh capabilities and Alibre satisfied 100% of my needs. I've been paying maintenance for the last two years hoping that the poor mesh capabilities would be improved, now that I need it. I can't justify paying for convenience changes to the software...
  11. GDBranch

GRRR

I've opted for the first time in 9 years not to purchase maintenance for this next year because Alibre will no longer import mesh files. I do a lot of 3D printing and design work with meshes and need this function. I think what Marcus was saying, which is my concern, if you opt out of...
  12. GDBranch

What's everyone favorite 3D printer

I've had my Mk3 for a couple months now and couldn't be happier. The MMU for $300 is incredibly inexpensive and will adorn my printers once they get shipping squared away.
  13. GDBranch

GRRR

Never had any real success importing. Very glad I will still be able to export for slicing and printing.
  14. GDBranch

GRRR

Not being able to export STL files will be a huge problem for me.
  15. GDBranch

2018 Impressions

What I've found is that the splash screen may not be updated and that causes the wrong file being chosen. But if you LMB on an open area of the splash screen it will update the view and eliminate the problem.
  16. GDBranch

Fixed - Can not create 3D PDF with 2018

Alibre has solved the problem.!
  17. GDBranch

Max I did send a file to support. I can create 2D pdf's of drawings with no issue. It is only when trying to create 3D pdf's. I was able to get the pdf I needed by creating a STEP in 18 then reloading 17 and importing the STEP. Very cumbersome and not a long term solution but it saved my butt.
  18. GDBranch

Support got on the problem immediately. Unfortunately it seems to be a rare problem. Their response "The issue you are experiencing appears to be machine specific, as only a select few users are encountering it. We hope to have the fix implemented soon. " Excellent service.
  19. GDBranch

I've submitted a ticket to support but while I wait I was hoping someone may have a fix. When I try to create a PDF I get the error message "An internal exception occurred during publishing". Of course it happens now, just when I need the customers approval to continue today.
  20. GDBranch

Custom XML File For 'Printability'

I tried it with the new software and it works perfectly.