What's new

Search results

1. otrotabi

Is there a suitable Python IDE that can be used to step through scripts?

# Demonstrates requesting values from the user then creating a part # with those values print 'Enter geometry: 1:3/8", 2:1/2"' Geometria = float(Read()) if Geometria == 1 : print 'Selected geometry is 25.4x22 mm diámetro 3/8"' DistX = 22 DistY = 25.4 Diametro = 9.52...
  2. otrotabi

Is there a suitable Python IDE that can be used to step through scripts?

The standard python debugger is pdb. Here´s a little tutorial on how this should work on a regular python runtime. Basically it should allow you to do what you want, if it worked within Alibre Script. If you run the following script it should allow you to get some inputs before stopping at...
  3. otrotabi

idea: Folders/tree style in GPF (Global Parameters File)

I adhere to what Drutort asks for. This feature is available in other software and makes the use of Global Parameters much more useful.
  4. otrotabi

Map new path for parts in an assembly

I guess it is not necessarily what sbeamers needs to do, but this video shows how to move all parts to a new folder.
  5. otrotabi

Modifying a feature or sketch

Yes. It´s an old part actually and did not use that at that time, but I do name most Features and some Constraints, but Dimensions do require extra work because you need to open EE to rename them, right ? I am aware SW and Alibre are not quite direct competitors in terms of pricing at least...
  6. otrotabi

Thank you. I should have asked this question long time ago. Regards.
  7. otrotabi

I would like to know if there is a quicker way to modify a feature or sketch that does not require that you advance the "blue bar" manually until the end of the last feature after modifying it. This is not only time consuming but also error prone, particularly when modifying a part from within...
  8. otrotabi

Smart IBL

Hi Ralf. Thanks for sharing. Have you tried to release your artistic side with SIBL already ? Any pics you could share ? How hard is it to learn and what hardware does it need to run fast enough ? Regards.
  9. otrotabi

Multiple select in drawing for layer asignment

Yes, I mean lines, circles, etc. The process for our plasma cutter demands that you create a .dxf file with different layers. Then you open the CAM software and associate each layer with a different "style" of cutting, meaning the plasma might start cutting from the "inside" (for holes) of...
  10. otrotabi

Thanks for the tip. But that is exactly what I am trying to avoid, the need to do it over and over again if the part changes. I added a hole to the part, refreshed the drawing, and layers of unchanged all the unchanged objects remained the same. I need to assign layers to different objects to...
  11. otrotabi

Thank you, I tried Shift Key but not Control Key, so that works. However I still get a problem. My process is: select some objects, assign them to a layer and then hide that layer, which should allow me to keep selecting other objects. If the newly selected region contains objects belonging to...
  12. otrotabi

If I want to assign multiple objects in a drawing to a layer, I need to select them one by one, I mean, I pick an object, and then press the Shift Key and select every other object I need to change. Or alternatively do it one by one, which is even more tedious. Selecting a region does not seem...
  13. otrotabi

Can I check if the file a script is running in is a part or assembly?

Thanks for sharing the code. Could you please explain what it does ? It tells you whether or not the screw is part of th current assembly ? Regards.
  14. otrotabi

Initial context for Alibre Script

Hi. Regarding the first part of your post I am not fully aware what you mean but it does look like the "Launch" buttom deserves some further explanation. Regarding the second part of your post, please take a look at a new post I just created after consulting with Alibre support regarding how to...
  15. otrotabi

OpenFileDialog - Open existing part script

I want to share with you a little script that uses the OpenFileDialog Function of the Windows class. # open existing part script import os Win = Windows() # show open dialog window, if user clicks on OK then a path and filename will be returned FileName = Win.OpenFileDialog('Select a part...
  16. otrotabi

Abort script

Thanks. I had not noticed.
  17. otrotabi

Abort script

How can I abort a script ? I created an infinite loop. I could stop it with the Power (Launch) buttom but there maybe better solutions.
  18. otrotabi

Improvemants to Alibre Script

What about automating drawing generation. Can it be done ?
  19. otrotabi

Edit existing part with a script

Great ! Could you please help ? I can´t find the reference how this is done. Regards.
  20. otrotabi

Sheet metal

I have noticed Alibre script is not included while creating a new sheet, maybe it will in the future ? Meanwhile, I need to be able to automate sheet metal parts, and maybe if I prove myself smart enough even generate the G-code for our CNC punching machine with a script. Lots of our parts are...