What's new

Search results

1. otrotabi

Modifying a feature or sketch

I would like to know if there is a quicker way to modify a feature or sketch that does not require that you advance the "blue bar" manually until the end of the last feature after modifying it. This is not only time consuming but also error prone, particularly when modifying a part from within...
  2. otrotabi

Multiple select in drawing for layer asignment

If I want to assign multiple objects in a drawing to a layer, I need to select them one by one, I mean, I pick an object, and then press the Shift Key and select every other object I need to change. Or alternatively do it one by one, which is even more tedious. Selecting a region does not seem...
  3. otrotabi

OpenFileDialog - Open existing part script

I want to share with you a little script that uses the OpenFileDialog Function of the Windows class. # open existing part script import os Win = Windows() # show open dialog window, if user clicks on OK then a path and filename will be returned FileName = Win.OpenFileDialog('Select a part...
  4. otrotabi

Abort script

How can I abort a script ? I created an infinite loop. I could stop it with the Power (Launch) buttom but there maybe better solutions.
  5. otrotabi

Sheet metal

I have noticed Alibre script is not included while creating a new sheet, maybe it will in the future ? Meanwhile, I need to be able to automate sheet metal parts, and maybe if I prove myself smart enough even generate the G-code for our CNC punching machine with a script. Lots of our parts are...
  6. otrotabi

Convert to sheet metal

Is anyone familiar with the "Convert to sheet metal tool ?". My goal is to be able to automate sheet metal parts generation with the use of Alibre Script, but first I need to understand how this tools works because so far it does not seem possible to create sheet metal parts with Alibre script...
  7. otrotabi

Edit existing part with a script

Is it possible to open an existing part (created with the GUI interface) and edit it with a script ? Changing variable values for example ?
  8. otrotabi

Script editing tools

Hi everyone, I was wondering what is everyone using for script editing. I could not find any tools for search, search and replace, etc, from within the edit window. Are there any shortcuts available ? Since I am in the learning phase I like being able to introduce new sketches and features one...
  9. otrotabi

Preview part in explorer

When I am adding a new part to an assembly, there is no preview in Windows Explorer preview window. According to Alibre´s support, this is a Windows issue and I should address Microsoft to ask them. The workaround they gave me is I should view large thumbnails instead. I agree this is likely to...
  10. otrotabi

Wizotools sqlite3

I´ve noticed there seems to be support for sqlite in wizotools, directory Program Files/Wizotools/PythonLib/sqlite3 exists. My question is : is it supposed to work ? Or does Wizotools use this directory for it´s own functioning ? If I run: >>>import sqlite3 I get the following error...
  11. otrotabi

Multiple pdf printing

Hi everyone I need to export some drawings to pdf format for different purposes and need to have them updated (same alibre drawing as pdf drawing) when I modify them. A couple of questions: 1) Is there any way to automate this ? 2) There´s an utility in Autocad where you can make a list of...
  12. otrotabi

Autocad layout

Does anyone know if there´s anyway to include our own Autocad template on the layout when exporting from Alibre to Autocad ? What I get when I export is a Layout1 and Layout2 paperspace templates, which contain no paperspace templates. What I would like to do is to have our own company template...
  13. otrotabi

intermediate operations

I wonder if there´s some way to generate drawings of the intermediate operations of a part without the need to supress the "missing" operations in the part itself. What I mean is this: we have a part which starts from a copper tube and has some holes machined on one side of the tube. Once this...