What's new

Search results

1. OTE_TheMissile

"Very hidden" hidden lines...

I've run into this issue before when making a Drawing print for an Assembly where a single hidden line that should represent 2 or more edges simply wasn't there. Was wondering if anyone else has seen the same or if this is something that's been fixed in newer versions? [/sad "not on maintenance"...
  2. OTE_TheMissile

Twisting sheetmetal?

I feel like I might've asked this ages ago when I was active on these forums after first taking this job in 2008, but I can't figure out how to find my old threads from back then... We have this bracket that we farm out to a laser shop to get cut & bent, and today a fresh batch of them came...
  3. OTE_TheMissile

Dimensioning curves by arc length?

The guy next door to our machine shop builds custom countertops and just ran up to me with a picture on his phone of a (pretty poorly dimensioned) print of a curved counter that needed to be made. The print called out (twice) that the counter be 8" deep (my D1), the radius of the inside curve...
  4. OTE_TheMissile

3D Scanners?

Recently Management here has been hinting at expanding past our current market of cruiser motorcycle accessories and getting into UTV's/side-by-sides. Our production manager has a Polaris RZR XP1000 that he brought in and had myself and our shop "old guy" knock our a few small pieces for; tube...
  5. OTE_TheMissile

Curious about opinions on XYZprinting machines?

For the past handful of years here at work, we've been using an XYZ da Vinci 1.0A to rapid prototype oddball machined parts being developed for new products so our shop "old guy" doesn't have to spend a whole day trying to whittle them out on our manual vertical mills. Management picked this...
  6. OTE_TheMissile

Arrow direction on the Chamfer Dimension tool?

When dimensioning chamfers on prints, what determines which way the arrow comes off the text? Or is there a way to manually flip it? I would've assumed that it'd behave the same as a Note with Smart Anchor turned on & switch itself when the angle started getting extreme but that doesn't seem to...
  7. OTE_TheMissile

I'm Back! (and I broke something)

Hey guys! Surprised I still have an account on these forums, I used to be active on here almost a decade ago when my then-new job was using Alibre V10 and they basically dropped me in front of it and told me to start drawing stuff. Then they stopped maintenance and I kinda trailed off...but now...
  8. OTE_TheMissile

v11.2 Install Issue

So I had my goofy brother wipe the harddrive on my laptop (see signature) after it got nailed by a virus, and right now I'm busy installing all my old games and software, including my seat of v11.2. And that's when I ran into this. Sooo...umm...I'm out of ideas:
  9. OTE_TheMissile

Hey guys, me again. Considering going freelance

What's up fellas? Been awhile, I miss you guys :wink: So here's the deal: I love working at RIVCO, my coworkers are all crazy beer-fueled bikers and I have a blast working with them. But despite my hopeful predictions and thanks to the economy, my hours just haven't been improving. I've...
  10. OTE_TheMissile

Trouble deleting Equal constraints on arcs, circles

Maybe it does this with other sketching constraints too, I haven't paid much attention. I do seem to notice it more with curves though. OK, say while drawing a Sketch I create a square and add radii to all 4 corners, dimension one and constrain the other 3 to it with the "=" constraint. Later...
  11. OTE_TheMissile

Shortcut for your CAD library?

How hard would it be to add to or replace one of the buttons along the left hand side of the Open or Import window with a user-defined button that goes straight to your folder of choice on your harddrive or network? I know every time you Open or Save something from one of these windows, it...
  12. OTE_TheMissile

Ext. cosmetic on both ends of a rod, doesn't appear in dwg

Maybe this has been discovered already, but I modeled a straight ø.25x14" rod and added a 1/4-20 external cosmetic thread to each end with chamfers, but only one end shows up when I generated the drawing. Both chamfers are there and each callout appears, but only one thread. Any ideas, other...
  13. OTE_TheMissile

I'm Back...Again!

So as the economic situation bounces up and down I'm finding myself in and out of work. I got laid off from RIVCO again around Easter, but yesterday my super asked me to come in to do some revision work to our '09 Harley centerstand, so here I am. Hopefully I'll be sticking around for awhile. 8)...
  14. OTE_TheMissile

A new twist on a mirrored Loft

Unfortunately, it sucks. Apparently I burned up all my good fortune with Lofts when I did the model for our electric horn, now they're back to cause me issues. You'd think the term "mirror" is pretty self-explanatory, but for whatever reason Alibre decided to screw up one end of a flattened...
  15. OTE_TheMissile

V11.2 Bug: Losing Edge references in Sheetmetal

Anyone else ever use the Flat Pattern button to check a Sheetmetal model, then lose the ability to make new Flanges because you can't get the Flange tool to find an edge? It's like all the edge references get stuck in the flat position. Without having a tool selected, if I move my cursor over...
  16. OTE_TheMissile

Off-Topic: What are you doing for Conficker C?

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/128643/beware-conficker-worm-come-april-1/;_ylt=AnmpKPsdNOhmvSBy1jKgs_sazJV4 Right now I'm making sure everything on my work machine is up-to-date, dropping by Windows Update and checking the status for Spyware Doctor. If I can get connected sometime this...
  17. OTE_TheMissile

Finding the stock length of a bent rod

Simple question: How long is it before it gets bent and how do I figure it out?
  18. OTE_TheMissile

Old-school dimensioning?

This is the 2nd time I've come across a dimension like this on a drawing made by one of the guys RIVCO had doing CAD before me. I've actually met one of them, Marty, who by my best estimate is pushing 60. It's a reference dimension between two tapped holes on top of a handlebar riser, on a...
  19. OTE_TheMissile

Workspace freezes when working with STEP hardware

So I'm working on a new motorcycle trailer hitch (not sure if I'm allowed to say for what model yet, the rest of the RIVCO crew were debuting the prototype at the Indianapolis dealers-only expo over the weekend) that basically consists of a flat plate that hangs under the back edge of the fender...
  20. OTE_TheMissile

Off-Topic: I'm baaaack!

8) 8) 8) Ahhh, feels good to be back in my comfy office chair here at RIVCO. Got my little space heater goin', the Bob and Brian Morning Show on internet radio, my Warm Mouse keepin' my clickin' fingers toasty, and a good week's worth of CAD work lined up for me with more to come. Hope...