What's new

Search results

1. NateLiquidGravity

Error Converting Imported STP to Sheet Metal - Bottom Edge Swapping to Top

I've not tried your files but I have often experienced where the convert to sheet metal preview shows a flange flipped incorrectly but does work anyways. I've also had parts not work when selecting one face but work when selecting another face. It's finicky but generally still a very useful tool.
  2. NateLiquidGravity

Project to Sketch

Maintenance is optional. Without it you will still get support from Alibre (and this forum) but I think users with current maintenance get priority. Additionally it gets you any major version update released while you are on maintenance. However I'm a little disappointed with how often we get...
  3. NateLiquidGravity

Update changed part in an assembly

Duplicate an entire project that way and now every part has the same internal numbers as their counterpart in the original. This will cause major problems if you ever use both products or parts of them in the same assembly.
  4. NateLiquidGravity

Publishing Alibre powered software and Integrations in an open source way.

It is portable, you don't need to write to the registry - just read from it what Alibre Design already wrote to it.
  5. NateLiquidGravity

See here: https://help.alibre.com/articles/alibre-help-v27/product-fundamentals-opening-and-saving-files-package-file Unfortunately with package files and any of the "save as" / "save all as" methods Alibre Design only captures from there down. Which for most of my projects - having a single...
  6. NateLiquidGravity

Publishing Alibre powered software and Integrations in an open source way.

Packing the AlibreX.dll is unnecessary if the requirement is that Alibre is installed and correctly licensed. You just need to check the registry for which versions are installed and target the install folder found in the registry for that version. Definitely not as easy as when Alibre had only...
  7. NateLiquidGravity

I've started creating package files of my assemblies as backups.
  8. NateLiquidGravity

Open Loops That Are Not Open? (But Still Break Things)?

It would probably be a good idea to offer a few built in tutorials accessible from the main home screen that follows along with the users actions and gives hints and suggestions.
  9. NateLiquidGravity

WorldTransform doesn't seem to transform all the way to the assembly root

Sorry but there is no way a subassembly opened from it's own file by itself can tell you that. What would it say in the case that it is used in two assemblies or in two places in the same assembly?
  10. NateLiquidGravity

My mistake, I overlooked how the forum converted the URL into this unhelpful link text:
  11. NateLiquidGravity

Open Loops That Are Not Open? (But Still Break Things)?

Alibre Design doesn't allow extruding regions of a sketch like some of its competitors allow. It works on the entire sketch outside loop to inside loops going island, lake, island, lake sort of pattern. You can however project sketches into sketches and set sections to reference geometry in the...
  12. NateLiquidGravity

This and some other important information is found here in the help: https://help.alibre.com/articles/alibre-help-v27/best-practices
  13. NateLiquidGravity

I'm not contradicting you. I'm fact your World Transform vs Local Transform results are exactly matching the example in my first chart. No code needed to say a different way: The root occurrence is whatever assembly file is opened regardless of it's hierarchy in other files of the project.
  14. NateLiquidGravity

If you are only editing one level deep then WorldTransform and LocalTransform will be the same. Even if you have multiple levels deep they could be the same if every level is positioned at 0,0,0 without rotation - but you probably knew that. WorldTransform only goes to the root assembly of the...
  15. NateLiquidGravity

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

There are a few users here that made scripts or addons to convert pcb files into 3d models of the boards with components. Though I suspect the dxf is the wrong format to start that process. Maybe one of them could chime in here to help.
  16. NateLiquidGravity

I'm confused - constraints and dimensions

Like you said that is a 37 degree angle not a linear dimension. Also for this sketch it appears that the top line is not constrained perpendicular to the rightmost line - which may have started that angle problem. Here are my rough order of operations for 2d constraints though I often constrain...
  17. NateLiquidGravity

The Alibre Value is not available

I remember discussion before that saving to vault/m-files from AlibreScript didn't work and I can't remember or find it the issue was resolved. That said you wouldn't use the full "path" for m-files since the path is dynamic based on the metadata. Does this by chance work...
  18. NateLiquidGravity

Missing dimeensions when editing existing sketch

Ctrl+Shift+A Toggle Annotations Ctrl+Shift+E Toggle Sketch Dimensions Ctrl+Shift+C Toggle Constraint Display
  19. NateLiquidGravity

Project to Sketch

Multiple ways to do it. Draw your rectangle on the face. Dimension the edge. Delete the dimension. Once the edge reference is there you can drag the rectangle to the corner. <Edit> Or Draw your rectangle on the face. Constrain to the edges.