What's new

Search results

1. NateLiquidGravity

Is AutoRegenerate OFF Working Correctly?

Maybe I misunderstand how AutoRegenerate turned OFF is supposed to work. Please let me know if this is it working correctly. I have a top level assembly open and right click a subassembly in it and "Edit in Separate Window". I edit that subassembly (suppressing parts in this most recent case)...
  2. NateLiquidGravity

Script Release: Export Part Views as DXF

Export Part Views as DXF will show a dialog allowing you to pick the part and set the export path and name for the DXF. Then it will create a drawing, create a blank sheet, create all the standard views (left, front, right, back, top, bottom, top left, top right, bottom left, & bottom right) at...
  3. NateLiquidGravity

Remove Spreadsheets from Parameters

Turns off the ExternallyDriven flag that Parameters have when they are Externally Driven by Spreadsheets. It is currently only designed to run in AlibreScript in an assembly. It will loop through and do this for the top level assembly and all deeper occurrence parts, sheetmetal parts, and...
  4. NateLiquidGravity

Display settings when editing in place

Does the display settings of individual parts get used when editing them in place inside an assembly? I adjusted the assembly to perform better but am wondering if I should also adjust it in all the parts as I edit them - or if in this context only the assembly settings are used?
  5. NateLiquidGravity

Backwards sketch dimension display bug

How many other people are seeing the backwards sketch dimension display bug? When will it be fixed?
  6. NateLiquidGravity

Forum Etiquette

Some Forum Etiquette: Be civil. Be welcoming to new members. Stay on topic. If you have something relevant but it might need a larger unrelated discussion then start it's own thread and link that in a comment instead. Not everything is a personal attack directed at you. That might even include...
  7. NateLiquidGravity

Release: Alibre Keyboard Shortcut Export AutoHotkey Script

Alibre Keyboard Shortcut Export by NateLiquidGravity 10/14/2023 Written and tested with AutoHotkey V1.1.26.01 and Alibre Design V27 Expert on Windows 7. Since this uses the visible text of controls it will most likely only work for english language version of Alibre Design. Instructions...
  8. NateLiquidGravity

Release: Properties_List V2.0b

See newest release here: https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-properties_list-v2-0b.24546/post-168031 The rest of this post is left up just to show the old version.
  9. NateLiquidGravity

Anyone else having forum issues?

Anyone else having forum issues? Images not loading? Downloads leading to blank pages?
  10. NateLiquidGravity

Anyone else seeing problems with SetUserData and GetUserData?

Anyone else seeing problems with SetUserData and GetUserData? I have had userdata that I know existed in an assembly - that when the assembly was saved and later reopened that userdata no longer exists. IDK if it is a V27 on Windows 7 thing or just a V27 thing? Maybe even earlier versions?
  11. NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Social Media

I've noticed the official blog is lacking content or even links to content. Then I noticed the YouTube page and other social sites don't seem to be linked to directly on the website. tisk, tisk https://www.alibre.com/blog/ Content on the YouTube has drastically sped up since @Joseph_L has been...
  12. NateLiquidGravity

InterDesign Relations should not mess up Constraints!

InterDesign Relations should not mess up Constraints! The InterDesign Relations are created when editing a part in the assembly and adding reference geometry (points, planes, axis for example) to another part in the assembly. I can't express how much it angers me that InterDesign Relations screw...
  13. NateLiquidGravity

Union Pacific #4017 Big Boy

I know there are a bunch of train fans here, so I thought I would post a couple photos of the Union Pacific #4017 Big Boy I saw yesterday at the National Railroad Museum. What a beast that thing is! I highly recommend checking out the trains at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
  14. NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Script/API Limits: Reference Geometry doesn't update to base part changes

I believe this has all changed with fixes in Alibre Design v27 but be sure to test yourself. This is more of an fyi for other Alibre Script users and not asking for help. Reference Geometry created by the script doesn't update to changes. For example if you create an axis using two points the...
  15. NateLiquidGravity

Fix for Alibre Design v26 on Windows 7 ** NOT SUPPORTED USE AT OWN RISK **

** NOT SUPPORTED USE AT OWN RISK ** Running Alibre Design on Windows 7 is no longer directly supported by Alibre Design. The updater will not be able to download v26. You must download it yourself and install it. Alibre Design downloads are found at: https://www.alibre.com/downloads/...
  16. NateLiquidGravity

New Alibre Book!

When checking the Alibre Black Friday deals I happened to see this new book exists. https://www.alibre.com/book/ I thought some of you other forum lurkers might want to know.
  17. NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Design Registry Keys

The API documentation is incorrect in the Tips and Tricks Section. The "HomeDirectory" is now located under a new key containing the Alibre Version number - making it unfun to get.
  18. NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Speed Test v24 to v25

Seems like the baseline improvement went backwards to nearly V23 speeds. To test for yourself use the attached AlibreScripts and part. You will need to edit the path for the part in each script from 'C:\Users\Gamer\Documents\PartNameHere.AD_PRT' to wherever you placed the part. Then for each...
  19. NateLiquidGravity

V25 BETA API Changes

Here is a list of API changes I have found so far in the V25 BETA IADMaterial.getMaterialPropertyValue Method IADDesignProperties.TreatAsPartInBOM Property IADDesignSession.StartChanges Method IADDesignSession.StopChanges Method IADMaterialLibrary Interface and related Methods and Properties...
  20. NateLiquidGravity

Release: Sketch Find Plane

A script to find the face/plane used by a sketch. Based on the discussion here: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/identify-sketch-plane.19849/