What's new

Search results

1. Alexander

Alibre Hiatus

Hey all, Its been a while since I've used Alibre and visited the forum, I currently have version V22 and have a few projects on the horizon which would be completed with Alibre. What major updates have been useful since V22 up to V26, the drawing updates look good. One thing I always missed in...
  2. Alexander

Drawing linetype scales when printing to PDF

Not sure how this has happened but since V21 was released all my linetype scales seem to be very fine. For example I have to change the hidden linetype to 2x to achieve the same dash-space-dash scale when printing to PDF. Anyone else getting this? Cheers
  3. Alexander

AlibreCAM Basic

I did have AlibreCAM 2.0 Basic and it worked within Alibre 2017 but have since lost the installation files. Does anyone have a copy and does it work with Alibre 2018? Basically I want to produce toolpaths for a CNC wood router, very basic G-Codes. Can anyone suggest any alternative (free) CNC...
  4. Alexander

Keyshot Animation

I assume the animation button doesn't work because it is an upgrade/add-on. I'm just curious how much the upgrade is, has anyone upgraded? I need to create product assembly animations and transitions. Currently I have Rhino with Vray and was going to purchase the Bongo animation for this...
  5. Alexander

Reaction Forces

Hello I haven't used dynamics much and was just wondering if anyone knows if it could be used to simulate the reaction forces of an object when vibrated at different frequencies. I am designing a range of products which will absorb vibrations and minimise resonance. So I have a floor surface...
  6. Alexander

Duplicate values ?

Hello, For some reason I have got duplicate instances of Material and Product values and I don't know what I'm doing wrong for this to happen. For example I have a material value of Steel-cold drawn about 25 times within the Administrator Values list. This very frustrating when creating new...
  7. Alexander

Part Generator Tab ?

Hi, Whilst waiting for an assembly to load I noticed this Part Generator tab on the ribbon which I don't recall seeing before. Once loaded it disappears? Anyone else seen this or am I missing something very obvious :?
  8. Alexander

M-Files 10 out now

http://dms.m-files.com/e/8782/-Features ... /384526095 New interface etc, anyone tried it yet ?
  9. Alexander

Copying vault to new PC

Hello, I have a new workstation and would like to transfer my existing vault to the new station, can anyone advise the best approach. My new station has a SSD which is for the OS and all programs, dumb question :oops: but should I install Mfiles to the SSD or to my storage hard drive? I want...
  10. Alexander

SSD pros & cons

My workstation is now on its last legs and I have been configuring a new system to purchase. I was thinking of an internal SSD and using it for my m-files, GD etc. My concern is reliability and what are the advantages. Also for the CPU, was thinking of the 4th gen I7 or an equivalent Xeon..... ?
  11. Alexander

Greyscale image to 3D

Hi I would like to convert a greyscale image of a floral pattern to a 3D image hopefully using GM, MoI etc. Does anyone know of any software that can at least convert the lines to dxf/vector so I can import into GM, ideally I would like the height depth also but maybe I am being a bit...
  12. Alexander

Decimal marker query

Hey guys I don't know why I haven't spotted this before but I can't seem to find how to change the decimal marker to a comma instead of a dot? I am working to BS8888 which states "The decimal marker should be a bold comma, given a full letter space and placed on the baseline." I can change...
  13. Alexander

Dimensioning Arc Length ?

Is this possible with GD 2013 Expert ? Desperately need it :cry:
  14. Alexander

Show me the decimal place, please!

Hi Am I missing something here ? I want all my dimensions to show the decimal place (precision) even if the figure is whole, this is because I have noted the general tolerances in my title block eg: X0.0 - plus/minus 0.1. Why do I have to manually overide the dimension (unlink it) in order to to...
  15. Alexander

Windows 8

Anyone know if AD is compatible with Windows 8 ?
  16. Alexander

Offline programming services, good idea?

Hey guys, I am a freelance CAD designer and I am seriously considering expanding my services to CAM/CNC offline programming. My career started as a CNC programmer/settor which was around 17 years ago so I have experience in this sector. One of my clients asked me if I could provide a G-code for...
  17. Alexander

Bundled Alibre CAM

Hi, I'm new to Alibre cam and have the bundled version you get with AD Expert. I have experience with CAM/CNC although many years ago so I have a lot to learn :lol: My question is can the attached part be machined with my version or do I need AC Standard, the part is turned first and then the...
  18. Alexander

Client login help

Hey all, I'm really hoping someone can help with my problem. I recently bought a new Laptop and was really looking forward to using the files on my Workstation vault etc but I can't seem to create a connection. I'm using windows 7 and have installed M-Files on the laptop which has recognised...
  19. Alexander

M Files Web access

Hi, Does anyone know if it possible to access my vault via the web for files marked as available offline? I have tried to create a new login account with the server administrator but it says no more licenses available. I just want to be able to access certain files with my laptop when i'm out...
  20. Alexander

OBJ Export ?

Hey Guys I have just purchased the MOI add-on for my 2011 Expert license and thought I could export from Alibre as a OBJ file but I don't have this option, is this correct? Also I assumed that MOI could be activated from witin Alibre, it doesn't even appear on my add-ons list. I am just being...