What's new

Search results

1. J

Exporting an assembly as Solidworks assembly crashes Alibre

I have a medium complexity assembly that was made from a lot of STEP imports (but saved as Alibre parts) and when I try to export as a Solidworks assembly, it hangs for a while, then dies... Alibre Translate shows up checked in my Add-on Manager... Do I need to first export each part as a...
  2. J

Strange assembly mode when adding constraints

I am using AD Expert 12.1... Normally, when building assemblies, hovering the mouse over a part highlights various surfaces of the part. However, many times while applying constraints it kicks into some sort of mode where the individual surfaces are not highlighted; the entire part is...
  3. J

Altering parts from the Alibre Parts Library

I am trying to use a piece of angle-stock from the parts library, and I get a choice of one 1 inch or 18 feet long. I expected to be able to use the 1 inch version, and edit to the length that I want, and have to believe this is possible. However, I have not yet figured it out, or found...
  4. J

Degrees of freedom: how to find remaining.

I have been drawing my 2D sketches very carefully, trying to minimize DOF while drawing. However, I can't avoid finishing a sketch and still have some open items. I can use "Analyze" to sometimes find problems, but after that I end up trying to drag sketch elements around to see what moves...
  5. J

Guide to mouse pointer icons?

Greetings. I have started using AD after using some other design tools, and am very impressed... One thing that would be nice to have is a summary of all possible mouse pointer icons, similar to a shortcut-key cheat sheet. While using the program, I am frequently encountering mouse pointer...