What's new

Search results

1. albie0803

How do you dimension a drawing?

Do you click the dimensioning button first and then move to the drawing view or do you click the drawing view first and then the button? My question is because I select the view and then the button, which restricts me to the selected view but if I click the button first then each view...
  2. albie0803

Equation Editor Rules need better Explanation and EXAMPLES

In reference to @jswendell query about the editor, I realize that the section Dimensionality of Equations in the help manual is sorely lacking. It tells you about the parameter types and what won't work but doesn't really explain why or how to make it work. This section needs to be greatly...
  3. albie0803

Please fix the external thread tool chamfer option!

This option has a bug in it with drawings when the thread has a keyway through it. When creating a drawing which has an external thread with a keyway through it, the cosmetic threads and callout detail will not appear if the end of the thread has a chamfer on it. I have just tried this with...
  4. albie0803

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

Just curious as to how many people have or use the M-File Vault.
  5. albie0803

Scripting Help Please

I'm trying (and failing) to merge a script with 4 windows into 1 Existing script snippet: import glob import os import re HData = {} # HData[Size][Width]=[thick,root,toe],[thick,root,toe] HData[65]={} HData[65][50]=[4.6,6,3],[6,6,3],[7.8,6,3] HData[75]={}...
  6. albie0803

Banging my head on this one: why doesn't 24.0 equal 24.0 ?

Create a 24 dia cylinder > 20 long and run this script, selecting an end and the shaft. why is line 67 not true when i[0] = 24.0 ? Please, what am I missing? :eek:o_O Win = Windows() Units.Current = UnitTypes.Millimeters P = CurrentPart() P.Regenerate() Clip = [ # dia,width,ID...
  7. albie0803

Guru Help Please - IInstance ??

My script is giving an error TypeError: expected IInstance, got Part on line 36 The script is to place a bolt assembly into non patternable holes using the fastener constraint. It will constrain the bolt assembly into the selected hole and constrain a copy of the assembly into all the holes on...
  8. albie0803

AddFastenerConstraint() - I think the settings are wrong

The AddFastenerConstraint() has the first 2 parameters as: Alibre Script: Assembly Class Reference Distance1 Fastener to surface mate distance Distance2 Second distance for 'between' bounds type or zero if not used - If used the value needs to be greater than Distance1 If I read this...
  9. albie0803

Can you get the faces that an edge connects?

face.GetEdges() works but is there a way to do the opposite? edge.GetFaces() is what I want to achieve.
  10. albie0803

Scripting Help

Why does the following code throw an error on line 25? I get >>> File "", line 25 SKey = [ ^ SyntaxError: unexpected token 'SKey' >>> Win = Windows() Units.Current = UnitTypes.Millimeters P = CurrentPart() P.Regenerate stringlist_no = ['No Edge selected...'] KeySizes =...
  11. albie0803

is there a function to determine the distance between 2 XYZ points?

Never mind, found an example in the online examples. The one about creating a cylinder between 2 points.
  12. albie0803

Can you rename a configuration using script?

Just what it says :)
  13. albie0803

Can someone please write a small example that explains the use of GetEdges( )

How do I use this function? Alibre Script: Face Class Reference List [] GetEdges ( ) Gets a list of the current edges in the face Returns List of edges I have said this before, the reference manual is USELESS to nearly everyone without EXAMPLES ! :(:mad:
  14. albie0803

Ctrl+K is it working?

Can someone please check if Ctrl+K works to open a sketch in a part. I assume you need to select a face and then press Ctrl+K. I can't get it to work even though it is listed as a default shortcut and I have checked in the system file and it is properly set. Its causing the HotKeyScript Export...
  15. albie0803

Add a version box to the dimension form

When changes are made to drawings a version number is usually included in a triangle next to the changed dimension. Could a field be added to the dimension box for for a version number. if the box has a value in it then a version symbol will appear at the end of the text make the font...
  16. albie0803

Hole Tool issue

In the hole tool, reference rectangles are not activated. also, if I use Rectangle by Center in a hole sketch (manually editing the sketch after), the centrepoint becomes a hole as well.
  17. albie0803

How to do this constraint?

I want to be able to constrain the edge of the tab to the highlighted curve, but I can't work it out. Is it possible or not?
  18. albie0803

A question regarding tangent planes.

Tangent planes being created below the referenced plane with the normal facing up into the cylindrical face is something I find quite annoying. These sorts of planes are normally used for positioning features like holes which then require the the hole to be reversed. Another thing is that when...
  19. albie0803

Just upgraded to Win 11 - Errors

In the hour since upgrading to win11 I have had the following error at least 4 times.
  20. albie0803

I REALLY Hate this!

Before Updating: After Updating: