What's new

Search results

1. pridbor

Verzweifelt mit diesem Loft

One more question please. While you were creating sketches your previously drawn sketches were shown. When I tried to make multiple sketches they all went away but for the very last one I just made when I exit sketch mode. That makes it hard to make "Projections" as I can't grab on to...
  2. pridbor

Verzweifelt mit diesem Loft

Harold, Great Video, as usual. But how do you get the measurement "ID" to appear in front of the dimension ??? Thanks
  3. pridbor

"Lost Materials"

Gents, I got a new Laptop and installed both Alibre and Keyshot from Alibre's Download site. Alibre works fine. Note, though, that I must now run it in Admin mode for it to work correctly! I can also get Keyshot to run from within Alibre, but somehow I no longer get the materials shown any...
  4. pridbor

Method for newbie

Nope! Great link! Have been playing around with, and have started to get an appreciation for, the point insertion :) That brings me to the related question, which is why I logged in now, namely, is there a way to download the help document? Thanks!!! Preben
  5. pridbor

Method for newbie

Yes, I was trying a slightly different approach where I had hoped to generate a complete Elliptical body in both dimensions, as you both have done, but I failed. I would thereafter have cut a portion away from the top and then shell. I just found out that I used points within the sketch and...
  6. pridbor

Method for newbie

Great, thanks! While trying to make this shape, I tried a Loft I thought should work but didn't. Three planes, like in your examples, with a point in each end plane and an oval in the middle. It came up with an "invalid body result" message. I wanted to play with the Tangency at both ends...
  7. pridbor

Method for newbie

Great! I will play around with this idea to learn to use Alibre a bit more than I do. BTW does anybody know when Alibre was offered the first time? I stumbled on a design I had done back in 2007. Thanks, gents Preben
  8. pridbor

Method for newbie

As a Sculptor, I find the Shape of the item in the original post absolutely beautiful! The following is not critically meant but rather an attempt to find a way to create more organic shapes like his in a faithful manner. From the images of your suggested methods of creating his shape, I find...
  9. pridbor

Yet another .stl question

Ken, Thanks a lot for your input. I have created 25+ designs in Alibre, all for 3D printing, and all working out perfectly fine. So, this is a first! I imported your file, and it shows the correct geometry. P.s. I don't have my own 3D printer yet, as I'm not sure if the results are good...
  10. pridbor

Yet another .stl question

I have designed a wheel bolt cover for my rare Citroen Cx. When I look at the design within Alibre, it looks fine. But when I then have a look at the STL file, in MeshMixer, then it looks like Alibre has generated a "floor," i.e. made it very thick in an area where I had it only a few mm. Does...
  11. pridbor

Creating an Arch Inside a Rectangle Causes Sketch Is Not Closed Error

Sounds interesting, David, but I couldn't create what you described. I did a rectangular 2D sketch, activated a 3D sketch, and selected 2 lines only to find the 3D fillet greyed out. Please advise Thanks
  12. pridbor

Library

Found it! Didn't know that one has to turn on the texture option in View and Threads. Thanks, David
  13. pridbor

Library

When "importing" the bolt into the assembly, I see "threads," visual only I seem to recall. But when importing into a part design, there are no threads. Is this normal? I was planning to shorten a bolt and store it locally, and that works, or, even better, if possible, add it back into the...
  14. pridbor

Library

I thought that "generate part" was me generating an entry into the Library. A big thank you Preben
  15. pridbor

Library

I got the Library imported, but I'm sorry for having to ask, but how do I insert an item into my assembly? Thanks! Preben
  16. pridbor

Library

Is there a standard-sized Bolts and Washers library? I need a simple 6mm Bolt and can design it with threads if needed, but it seems like a waste of my time if there's a library available with these types of devices. Or is the Library function only for my own generated items? Thanks Preben...
  17. pridbor

CAM ( actually FEA )

I seem to recall a tool in Alibre that did a stress analysis on the model. Do I remember incorrectly, or could it have been Solidworks that I used when it was new? If not/neither, is there somebody who could point me to a "cheap" program for misc analysis? Thanks Preben
  18. pridbor

Stress testing

Are there any stress testing tools that one can integrate with Alibre, or freestanding if not?
  19. pridbor

Part Integrity

Symmetry was intended overall, at least in most places! I was playing around too much with the design that I failed to notice that I had left some sketches undefined. After fully defining them and correcting the symmetry, all checked out fine. Thank you both! Preben
  20. pridbor

Part Integrity

It's the remainder of the basic box after 2 Fillets. So there should be at least 4 such faces with issues, I would think. I don't think that it really has any importance, but it would be nice to see if I could get it right before sending anything out. Thanks Preben