What's new

Search results

1. domcm

UI Feedback requested :D

@Max I really appreciate your very detailed response for the interface design goals! That makes a lot of sense and helps me understand the overall plan. One thing I didn't appreciate when I looked at your original images is that it looks like the dialog boxes start shorter and then grow...
  2. domcm

@Max I certainly appreciate the compact mode option. Do the new menus occupy more screen real estate than the V27 menus? The V27 menus apear to be wider so it is hard to tell. Also, what are the design goals with the new menus menus other than cosmetics?
  3. domcm

@Max Will the height of the dialog boxes be resizable? If so, will Alibre remember the size between sessions? I am also concerned that the new dialog boxes look much larger than the V27 dialog boxes and will consume a lot of screen real estate - particularly on laptops.
  4. domcm

@Max First, thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback on the new menus. Another vote for just Flip, Fx and Menu. Too many icons starts to look cluttered to me.
  5. domcm

Design Tree Stability

I had the same (or similar) issue with v25 but I belive it has been fixed in v26. Below is screenshot of the bugfix in V26.
  6. domcm

Design Explorer Icons

@NateLiqGrav Thanks for the link to the "Rolled Back Feature" icon! I looked for that but could not find it. I agree with you that it would be really nice if all of the Alibre icons were included in one location in the online help.
  7. domcm

Design Explorer Icons

Sorry, I figured it out. It means the part is not fully regenerated. Does anyone know where this icon is identified in the online help?
  8. domcm

Design Explorer Icons

Does anyone know what the following icon means? Also, is this icon identified in the online help somewhere? I could not find it.
  9. domcm

SpaceMouse Buttons

@HaroldL Thanks. I don't think it is the wireless part. The SpaceMouse works well with all of the other CAD packages I use. It's only Alibre where I see the issues.
  10. domcm

SpaceMouse Buttons

Yeah, I had so many issues I had to quite using my 3DConnection SpaceMouse wireless (see image below) because Alibre kept freezing in sketcher mode, i.e., I could not rotate the model. I was using the latest 3DxWare driver v10.8.12. Anyone else having this problem? Hopefully, Alibre is working...
  11. domcm

Print Scaling Bug

@HaroldL Thanks so much for confirming the issue. I have contacted Alibre support and they are working the issue. As @hjliii mentions, the workaround is to create a PDF using the Alibre built-in PDF writer and then print using Acrobat or other PDF viewer.
  12. domcm

Print Scaling Bug

I was hoping someone could confirm this bug for me, particularly if you have an 11 x 17 printer. When I print a drawing that is larger than the printer paper size (e.g. D size on 11 X 17 paper) and select the “scale to fit” option, the drawing is not scaled correctly to fit the paper size – it...
  13. domcm

Shaded View Going Blank

@Kris@KM3 I had the same (or similar) issue during the V26 beta and submitted it to support with an example drawing. Has not been fixed. I believe this issue has been around for many years.
  14. domcm

Change to Apple a good idea?

Note that if you run Parallels on the newer Macs with Apple Silicon chips (M1, M2, etc.), Parallels only supports the Windows ARM version which Alibre does not officially support. Other users have reported that Alibre runs under Windows ARM but if you search the forum you will see there have...
  15. domcm

SpaceMouse Buttons

@Max Great to see you guys are working this! Another awesome example of Alibre listening to customer feedback and taking action!
  16. domcm

SpaceMouse Buttons

@HaroldL Yes, I just submitted a request for full Alibre support. It would help if more people submitted requests – the squeaky wheel gets the grease:)
  17. domcm

SpaceMouse Buttons

I had the same issue and logged a support request with 3DConnexion. Below is the answer I received: Thank you for contacting 3Dconnexion Support. Alibre Design is not fully supported by the 3Dconnexion you'll only have navigation and no buttons or vice versa. I have attached a link to our...
  18. domcm

funnel design

Super simple way is via a thin revolve. Could also use a regular revolve with a more detailed sketch to better control the profile.
  19. domcm

Help with custom drawing template and .dxf export. (Resolved).

Symbol export seems to be working for me. Just curious, did you create the note as "label text" and use the Alibre symbol as shown below? I am using the Arial font for my label text. See below. Note sure what the text size issue is. I have not seen that issue either. Have you tried a different...
  20. domcm

I created my model with my Y direction up instead of to the left, how to change it?

@Max I'd be curious as well what the use case is for most users. In my case, I would most often use this feature as a convenient way to re-define the model orientation to better align with what I wanted the standard Alibre "Front" view to be in parts, assemblies, and drawings. Yes, I know I...