What's new

Search results

1. jhiker

Flexible bellows - how to..?

I've tried both approaches - applying a texture to a 3D 'pipe' and modelling a feature on a 2D sketch (radius + straight lines) to produce an elbow. At a distance the texture kind of looks OK but, as expected, the modelled part is much nicer.
  2. jhiker

How can I make this look right...

Bear in mind this post is over 11 yrs old. I think Ralf did it in Moi3D and kindly sent me a STP file.
  3. jhiker

This may be the way. It's long-winded but there doesn't seem to be a better alternative until we can 'pattern along path'. And I don't have Moi3D.
  4. jhiker

Hi, The pink part in the assembly is a representation of a flexible stainless steel bellows and I'm happy with the shape of it. The pipe is extruded along a 3D sketch. I would like to make it look more like the real thing. Ideally I would revolve a single 'bellows' shape at the start of the pipe...
  5. jhiker

Any idea what this error message means?

I can't save my model. The message refers to an offending part (ID6215) which is buried in one of the sub-assemblies. I can open ID6215 and save it. I can open the two assemblies that use ID6215 and I can save them too. I can't save the top-level model. Any thoughts?
  6. jhiker

Proper approach to updating Keyshot to preserve pre-established items?

Does the Alibre version allow you to customise folders in 'Edit - preferences - folders' - that way you can keep a clean install of Keyshot and point it to your legacy resources.
  7. jhiker

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

My splash screen is odd - shows 'Alibre Design 22' at the bottom left and 'version 23' at the top right. Any idea how to fix this?
  8. jhiker

Center of Mass

Just for fun I ran the 'old' CofG script on a simple assembly. Unless I am misreading this the 'Y' value in the script is a decimal point out compared with the built-in' Alibre calculation.
  9. jhiker

Center of Mass

I'm afraid the script didn't work for me - here's the output. Not sure what I did wrong, if anything. The script is in the script library and I created the 'no_density' material. Alibre Script build 343305 IronPython 2.7.10.0 Interactive Console For documentation visit...
  10. jhiker

Save icon top left - hard to see status..

Any chance Alibre can redesign this 'Save' icon? It's very difficult to tell whether it's 'lit up' or not.
  11. jhiker

Can't select sketch items in order to pattern them.

Restarted and created a new model - pattern sketch now working. Must have been the 'unexpected error' causing Alibre to go wonky.
  12. jhiker

Saving as Keyshot BIP file - slow..

Tried again with a smaller model and went OK. Had to close the previous session with task manager though.
  13. jhiker

It seems to generate the BIP file OK but the Alibre message bar at the bottom left shows updating face/edge meshes/topology continuously.... I shall have to stop it.
  14. jhiker

Anybody noticed any issues with saving an assembly as a BIP file - it's taking ages for me. Been for a cup of coffee and it's still running..!
  15. jhiker

Shortly after I got an 'unexpected error' and had to close Alibre - might be related? I'll try again shortly.
  16. jhiker

Since upgrading to V23 I can't select a sketch item in order to pattern it. Anybody else see this? 'Feature pattern' works OK but not sketch pattern.
  17. jhiker

Splash Screen wrong - Resolved with reboot

How odd - I'm getting the same splash screen as Albie was 'Alibre Design 22' - but the home screen is all OK and showing v23. I have rebooted but it's still the same.
  18. jhiker

How to tackle this tricky shape?

Ha! - it's a type of mass spectrometer. There's a 'hot' source and an electron multiplier detector inside the 2" tube and the coiled pipes have cold water flowing through to keep the source from getting too hot.
  19. jhiker

How to tackle this tricky shape?

Any thoughts on how best to tackle this? I have a 2" OD tube with an elliptical hole through it. Around the 2" OD tube is a 1/8"OD cooling pipe 'loop' which is brazed to it. The cooling loop has to go round the elliptical hole (preferably at both sides) - seems I have to curve it in two...
  20. jhiker

Constraints query - tangent & motion

Merry Xmas Stefan - and thanks.