What's new

Search results

1. J

Sheet metal flat pattern

Is it possible to change the view to flat pattern without reacreating of the view?
  2. J

BOM

I have tried to make a BOM of the assembly that contains mirrored subassemblies. I set enabled ”Treat as part in BOM when used as a subassembly”. The BOM includes the parts of the mirrored subassembly, no the subassembly. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? I use Alibre V21.
  3. J

Insert a reference plane between planes

Is it possible to add a reference plane between planes choosing two planes?
  4. J

Ordinate dimension

Is it possible to choose a middle point of a line by ordinate dimension?
  5. J

Materials

Is it possible to define an individual material to surfaces of a part on Keyshot for Alibre? I have created a thin parts around a part for different materials but it is very slow.
  6. J

Suggestion for sheetmetal

I model sheet metal parts by SolidWorks in addition to Alibre. There is the great feature for flange in SolidWorks. Flange position can be adjusted by "Offset". Could this feature be useful Alibre?
  7. J

Convert to Sheet metal

I created the part by Alibre 2017.1 After that I tried to convert its to sheet metal. There is some issue on the sheet metal part because flat pattern is not working. The corners don't look good (Attahcment JPG). Bug?
  8. J

Exploded View

Do you have a way to create copy of Exploded View? I need a few version of Exploded view. Usually 90% of parts is in the same place on Exlploded view 1 and Exploded view 2. I sent the suggestion to the Support.
  9. J

V4 beta Nov-12-2017 available now

10. J

Edit problem

I have assembly (A). It inculdes two subassemblies (B&C). The ribbon is grey on assembly but no subassembly. I can't edit or open subassemblies on assembly or do anything. Alibre must be closed using task manger. Problems is on this assembly only. Unfortunately the files confidential so I can't...
  11. J

Sheet number

I want to use a sheet number on a drawings but it is only English. The default setting is "1 of 1". Can user change a text of sheet number from "1 of 1" to for example "1 / 1"?
  12. J

BOM

I have the assembly (X1) with two sub-assemblies (X12 and X13). The subassembly (X12) includes parts (X123 and X124) and I set "Treat as part in BOM when used us a subassembly" enable because I want to add BOM to the drawing of the assembly (X1). There should be document numbers of the...
  13. J

Simlab Composer Free edition

http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/ ... .php#light "SimLab Composer light edition is a free rendering solution that can be used by hobbyist and professionals for creating top quality rendered images."
  14. J

Bend radius

Why Bend radius can not be less than half the thickness on GD?
  15. J

Flange to Cone

How I can add the flange to cone? Do I have to create part at first and convert to sheetmetal?
  16. J

Dimensions on Broken Out Section

Can I do the dimensions as on the picture? It is complianced with standards.
  17. J

Text size between two computers

I have two computers (Laptop and desktop). I have created the drawing by desktop and there is text size "14" on "file properties". I opened the drawing on the laptop so text size is "11". I have custom template but I tried with standard template also. Text size is different between laptop and...
  18. J

Constraints problems

I have models by Moi3D. Why constraints don't works using Moi3D-models on a assembly? I have choosen the faces (hole) at first but I can't choose the way of the constraint.
  19. J

Tube design

I will design products using metal tube. I found Bend-Tech software. They don't offer trial version of the software. Is there the add on for tube bending design for Geomagic Design? Maybe I will try 3D-sketch or Moi3D.
  20. J

Edit Exploded view steps

How the steps of the exploded view is removed? I moved unwittingly the part on the exploded view. now I remove exploded view and create new... EDIT: I found on UserGuide: "9. To restore a part back to its original position, right-click the part and select the Restore to Default Position option."