What's new

Search results

1. DBC

3D Spline with Control Points

Thanks for everyone's input. Sadly, nothing worked in the version I have. Alibre Design Expert 2019, looks like build 20.
  2. DBC

A good effort Harold. Thanks.
  3. DBC

Thanks Harold, but I don't see how that can work as it is just using a helical extrude, which appears to require the selection of a single axis, x y or z. In the exercise I am showing, the two profiles are not just rotated 90°, the central axis is offset off from one another. It is so much more...
  4. DBC

Alibre Design Expert 2019 doesn't seem to have a 3D Spline with Control Points tool. In a different forum folks have been taking about modeling the twisted fixture exercise seen here. It is very easy in SolidWorks. Just a simple loft between two rectangles using tangency to face constraints...
  5. DBC

Need Help With A Drawing

I would use sections and keep it as clean as possible. See attached PDF. This is just a quickie but I think it covers all the basics.
  6. DBC

How do I get started with Keyshot?

Don't know if you have tried this, or just tried importing via KeyShot. But you have to bring your model directly into KeyShpt via Alibre. With your model open, go to the render tab and select render. It should open keyshot and the file will come on-screen in keyshot.
  7. DBC

Creating a new drawing template from an existing drawing

Just create a drawing the way you like it and save it in a location of your choosing. When you go to open a drawing select it from the Template list. It will remain the selected one in that dialog unless you change it.
  8. DBC

2019 SP2 is available - manual installation

Great. Thanks Max.
  9. DBC

2019 SP2 is available - manual installation

Hi Max, I am curious to know if a person who purchased AD 2019 but did not purchase maintenance can still get these fixes or does one already have to be paying maintenance to get them? I am just thinking that something like this should have been reliable in the first place since it is not a new...
  10. DBC

How would you approach this Torus Coil in Alibre?

There were a couple ways to do it in SW, if I remember correctly, but I did it with a line on a circle using surface sweep that provided a twist object that one could select the outer edge to project to sketch. Here are some screen captures. PS: There are SW tutorials on YouTube for this if you...
  11. DBC

Don't know if anyone is interested, but I took that MoI version, opened in Alibre and rendered with KeyShot. Too bad we can't get a flow/deformation tool in Alibre. I could see this as a handy tool when traditional sheet bending is not practical.
  12. DBC

Yep, super easy in MoI. Even easier than SolidWorks. Thanks for the reminder Sebastian. Good to have all kinds of tools in one's toolbox. Rotated and ends added in Screen-0008. Screen-0007 is screen capture before selecting done with stretch checked.
  13. DBC

Thanks for supplying field definitions Stefan, and thanks again to everyone who participated in this little adventure. Amazing what can happen when a group of folks come together with a common interest.
  14. DBC

That is pretty cool Stefan! Thanks for taking the time to do this. Now I will need to figure out how to edit the path.
  15. DBC

Thanks Harold. Hopefully someone will take that scripting on. Thanks for taking time to give it a whirl.
  16. DBC

Thanks George. Sadly, I have noticed that this method leaves a very noticeable seam at all the junctions. I do appreciate both yours and Anson's efforts.
  17. DBC

That is an interesting approach Anson, thanks for posting.
  18. DBC

Thanks for that link Harold. Any idea how to get it down to one coil high? Are there any help files for this script and the others?
  19. DBC

I saw this torus coil on Instagram and thought it looked cool and thought I would give it a whirl. I can think of a couple ways to get the initial coil in TurboCAD (sweep with a twist, bend a straight helix sweep) but getting the extended straight pieces has me stumped there. I tried in Alibre...
  20. DBC

Constraint Dialog Proposal

Don't know if this is the right post or the constraint's wish list would have been, but one thing SolidWorks added about 3 years ago was a check mark to select to 'lock rotation'. This was real handy for constraining fasteners. This way one really only needed two constraints to complete mating...