What's new

Search results

1. S

How to flatten

Hey guys, brain not working. I have a PRT file that I would like to flatten out. I'm guessing I need to make it a SMP but have no clue how to go about it. Do I start it in SMP or do I import the PRT into the SMP? Tried both but can't figure it out. Thanks
  2. S

Center of Mass

Looking at some of my files, just wanted to see the Center of Mass, but it is grayed out with no option to unhide or unsuppress it. How might I be able to see it? Thanks.
  3. S

Face distance?

Is there a way to measure circular face to another circular face distance? Or a point to a circular face distance? The dimension always goes to the centers???
  4. S

Editing boxes?

Still on version 25 so not sure if this has changed or not, but its pretty ridiculous not to be able to see what you want/need to change!
  5. S

CIRCLE PLANE?

Could someone please explain to me why a plane cannot be placed on a circle or end of a cylinder?
  6. S

Component move?

Hey guys, I have had this issue come up occasionally & I don't have clue why. When I have an assembly made up of maybe several parts & sub-assemblies and I try to move a component, it doesn't move how or how much I want it to? In this case, I want to move #00530, let's say 1" in the X...
  7. S

Locating parts in an assembly?

Just a general type of question. I have an assembly consisting of several parts: A, B, C, D,........etc. All the individual parts have all the geometry necessary to create the part including maybe some extra reference geometry that might be required later. When I try to insert part G on to a...
  8. S

How to hollow?

Trying to hollow the attached part from the flat surface into the cones?
  9. S

Sheet metal conversion?

I originally created a PART, which I converted to a SMP. The part is ribs for a steering wheel. I need to put bends in the ribs where shown by reference lines in sketch 1. I am totally lost. Hopefully someone can help me out.
  10. S

Viewer

I have the latest version of Alibre Expert and I am on maintenance. The only computer I use Alibre on and the only computer its loaded on is my desktop. I would like to view only on my laptop, Say I want to look at a design in my pole barn - I can't take my desktop, but I can take my laptop...
  11. S

Extrude dimensions

I never remember seeing this before, but all of a sudden I'm seeing the "Extrude" dimensions in all the views of my finished model. With no way to get rid of them? What's going on?
  12. S

How to SMP?

Hey guys, I am trying to make this sheet metal bracket, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around how to do it right? The way it is now it won't unbend and I know its messed up. Thanks.
  13. S

Boolean mirror?

Just for fun, trying to create a 3D frame of a vehicle. The Tracing Image I found in a Chassis Service Manual. Impossible to make from scratch. Accuracy is close enough. And please don’t make too much of the non-existing sketch dimensions & constraints. For what I am trying to do, it seems...
  14. S

What customer support?

Had a problem installing the latest version. And now its screwed up and I have no version at all. Tried to call the useless customer support number and guess what? No person to talk to. What a disappointment.
  15. S

Speaking of 3D sketches

I have a tube made up of a profile sketch and a 3D path sketch. Just 4 straight lines and 3 radiuses. Is there any way to get the total length of the the 3D path sketch?
  16. S

Hole tool?

I have a simple part, trying to add 2 counterbored holes using the "Hole tool". The tool asks for diameters, yet the result is twice what it should be? It treats the dimensions as radii instead?
  17. S

Recovering previous save?

Just saved a file that I shouldn't have saved. SO, what are my options if any. Does Alibre keep a certain number of history saves of a file? Where can I find them? If I don't have that feature turned on, can I do that and how? Not a panic situation, just deleted a feature, but can't...
  18. S

How to undo "Precise section"?

Recently I have been working with imported dead solids and trying to create real 3D parts out of them. Have been having a lot of trouble. Been trying to find easier way of doing things and I finally think I found it! Create a "Precise section" where I need it, project that section to my...
  19. S

Locking up?

I am having a problem with attached file. Alibre keeps locking up. I have a word document showing the error, but I don't know how to attach this error message to this post. The part file (a transmission) is attached. I started with a new file that I Boolean united a dumb solid into. I am...
  20. S

Libraries

In Alibre we have a "Library" tab where we can manage, generate and add to a library. We also have an "Add-on" tab where we have an "Add-on manager" and a "Trace parts library". Why do we have a separate "Alibre 2D/3D parts library"? Why isn't it included in the "Add-on" tab?