What's new

Search results

1. M

Fixed Constraint Failure on Spline

Create a Spline using Reference Points and lock it using a Fixed Constraint. Draw a Line across it. Trim one side of the Line using the Trim Figure tool. What happens? For me, the Fixed Constraint is removed without warning and the trimming of the Line disturbs the shape of the Spline...
  2. M

Atom capabilities

Is there any capability to create spline curves in Atom?
  3. M

Sketch l Insert l Point onto Reference Point of Spline Curve.

Please could someone check this out for me. (Or use my file below if you have V24...) Thanks. In a Part file Draw a 2D Spline Curve by Reference Points. Sketch l Insert l Point onto one of the intermediate Reference Points of the Spline. Close and open the Part. The inserted Point shows red...
  4. M

Lofting in V24

Getting good results with Centre Line Lofting using a Guide Curve through the corresponding vertices of profiles. Something that was problematic before.
  5. M

V24 now available

Downloading now.
  6. M

Selection filter state overridden in Feature dialogue.

If my choice is the Edges only Filter, when I want to add, say, a Fillet, the Filter state defaults to Faces & Edges. Ok, I can see why that might be justified. So, I choose the Edges filter again and I can make my first selection, fair enough so far. Oh! the Filter has defaulted to Faces and...
  7. M

Toolbar for Script.

Will we be getting a toolbar/toolbuttons and keyboard shorcuts for Script, in a future release?
  8. M

Simulating the function of a Sprag clutch in Simwise Motion

The attached file shows the functionality that I want but not achieved by way of the 'cheat', time variables, method that I've used here. Does anyone know how to achieve the function of a Sprag clutch using only the torque direction of the input to it?
  9. M

Using a Stream Deck with Alibre

I've started a new topic on this because there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to edit the title of the initial topic.... Here's the initial topic: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/macro-keypads.20469/ The Stream Deck is a macro keypad which allows you to display key label...
  10. M

Macro keypads

Now that my Nostromo Speedpad is on its last legs, I'm quite tempted to try one of these: https://www.infinitton.com/ https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck Not much more than the cost of an X-Keys keypad of comparable size......
  11. M

Sketch Insert Axis bugs

Alibre Design Version: 2017.1.2 64-bit [Build 18701] I'd be grateful if someone could verify the following: Bug 1 Create a profile in a Sketch on Plane XY Insert a Sketch Node in a Sketch on Plane ZY , outside the above profile. Sketch Insert Axis and select the Node above. Without closing the...
  12. M

Basic things that still need to be done

9 years ago.... https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/most-useful-feature-in-v12.9982/#post-58624 It really is about time that Extrude or Sweep to another Parts geometry worked, in a way that is of any practical use...
  13. M

Activation blocked

From today, I get this message on startup. I haven't been paying that much attention to the license changes but wasn't really expecting that I would have to do anything either..... Miles
  14. M

Associativity bug

I's be grateful if someone could check this. - Create a "Shape" figure in a Sketch. - Project the figure to a new Sketch, choosing the Maintain Associativity option. There is no Associativity.......... :roll:
  15. M

Rectilinear profile on helical path

Does anybody have any thoughts on maintaining profile orientation on a helical path? Drawing a non-circular helical path is easy enough. Maintaining profile orientation is not so easy....... I guess this is what 2 rail Sweeps are for? Using a Loft for this is a nightmare..........
  16. M

Selection Filter limitations

Does anyone else get annoyed by the way that the Selection Filter gets overridden by some tools? If I want to apply a Fillet to a series of Edges, I'd quite like the option to filter out the Faces. Unless I'm missing something, this ain't possible..........
  17. M

Font size bug?

Annotations - set font size to 16 and then click in the entry area. For me, the size then changes to 15...... I'd be grateful if someone else could test this.
  18. M

Defining Planes - Warning

If, when building Parts within an Assembly, you define a Plane by reference to an existing Part's surface, whenever the Part referenced is edited a regeneration of all the Parts referencing the surface is triggered. .............. That means every Regen within the referenced Part triggers...
  19. M

Kitchen Units Doors

Fire away, Andrew :)