What's new

Search results

1. R

Annotations on custom template do not show up in drawings.

Thanks Harold. I was entering them as annotations. The link you provided clarifies the situation. Thank you!
  2. R

Annotations on custom template do not show up in drawings.

I'm only now learning how to make drawings. I've made a simple template with border and boxed areas. I've also added text which should appear on every drawing in the project. When I create a drawing using the template the borders & boxes show up, but the annotations do not. Toggling...
  3. R

figures

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest opening a temporary part, create the spline there, and save the coordinates of your dividing points for use in your main part. No need to delete the temporary part, just don't save it.
  4. R

How do I cut a groove the way a machine would ?

Wow! Thanks guys! So many ways to approach this. The chamfer version is the basic shape I am looking for, but with a shallower angle - 1mm straight wall with centre less than 1mm more. A cutter with a 120 degree included angled end will be used. FYI there is a part with two 3mm diameter ball...
  5. R

How do I cut a groove the way a machine would ?

I want to cut a 3mm wide 'groove' that is 1mm deep but with the bottom sloping inward toward the centre. Think of shape of the end of a drill bit. I tried using a profile to do a sweep cut along a path. The problem I run into is that where the radius of a turn in the path is smaller that the...
  6. R

On the topic of colours 'feature.setcolor()' is BGR instead of RGB

I didn't know that it was ever a standard. That probably explains how it snuck into Alibre's routines. JHowever, just so I don't get a shock someday when there is RBG thoughout, I'm going to stick to using colours where the R And B values are equal.
  7. R

On the topic of colours 'feature.setcolor()' is BGR instead of RGB

I noticed this some time ago. I expected that some update would fix it, so where a feature needed a to be highlighted a shade of grey was my choice. Here is a simple test script to demonstrate:
  8. R

Need accurate timing belt profiles

Thanks Ken226 for pointing out that type of adjustment mechanism. I came up with a similar idea independently (after much trial and error) using a 1/4 x 3/8 x 1/8 (mm 6.35 x 9.525 x 3.175) bearing that has a delrin core with a 2.5mm hole offset by 1.75mm. There are limits on its motion but it is...
  9. R

Because all of my queries are usually related to scripts I posted here eithout thinking. Next time I'll think before I post.
  10. R

Hi Harold. I have that diagram and I'll probably go with it. My doubt came from finding other profile diagrams with different measurements. Thanks though!
  11. R

Thanks for your reply. The problem is that there is not much room for the adjustment mechanism so its limited to about +/- 0.6 mm. My approach is to adjust by changing the diameters of the rollers to bring the length required to the middle of my adjustment range. And to do that I need to know...
  12. R

I have a situation where a timing belt follows a serpentine path with toothed pulleys, and also plain rollers on the smooth side of the belts. To calculate the belt length passing over the plain rollers I need to know how far the pitch line is from the smooth side of the belt. For the FHT-1 1...
  13. R

Need advice to solve graphics problem.

I'll ask any further questions over in the hardware forum.
  14. R

Hmm . . . . lots to learn. Thanks for all the help folks.
  15. R

Finally, under system options I selected "use legacy display" and after a restart the problem has gone away! Does this mean that I'm by-passing the graphics card? If anyone know what "use legacy display" actually does, please explain it to me. Thanks.
  16. R

I have followed all posted advice ( could not get delayed snip tool to show cursor, nor print screen so you gotta imagine it ) and this the result if I 'touch' any circle or ellipse while editing. I'm using V24 of Alibre, new Radeon HD 5450 (old card was worse), and windows 10.
  17. R

Thanks to all responders. I learned a lot, but alas, updating the drivers did not make a noticable difference. I still have a few leads to follow up on though. I'll update if I have any solution.
  18. R

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow I'll try those various settings and see if it makes any difference. The snipping tool is of no use because the problem only persists while the mouse pointer on the circle. Perhaps "print screen" key might be an option, but I've never used it. However the photo...
  19. R

When editing any sketch, if I selected a circle I got huge random blue jagged shapes convering the screen. Now, with a new graphics card, I'm getting a smaller version of the same problem!! I took a photo and will try to upload.
  20. R

What are the benefits of polyines?

Thanks Nate. Your reply says it all.