What's new

Search results

1. R

Annotations on custom template do not show up in drawings.

I'm only now learning how to make drawings. I've made a simple template with border and boxed areas. I've also added text which should appear on every drawing in the project. When I create a drawing using the template the borders & boxes show up, but the annotations do not. Toggling...
  2. R

How do I cut a groove the way a machine would ?

I want to cut a 3mm wide 'groove' that is 1mm deep but with the bottom sloping inward toward the centre. Think of shape of the end of a drill bit. I tried using a profile to do a sweep cut along a path. The problem I run into is that where the radius of a turn in the path is smaller that the...
  3. R

On the topic of colours 'feature.setcolor()' is BGR instead of RGB

I noticed this some time ago. I expected that some update would fix it, so where a feature needed a to be highlighted a shade of grey was my choice. Here is a simple test script to demonstrate:
  4. R

Need accurate timing belt profiles

I have a situation where a timing belt follows a serpentine path with toothed pulleys, and also plain rollers on the smooth side of the belts. To calculate the belt length passing over the plain rollers I need to know how far the pitch line is from the smooth side of the belt. For the FHT-1 1...
  5. R

Need advice to solve graphics problem.

When editing any sketch, if I selected a circle I got huge random blue jagged shapes convering the screen. Now, with a new graphics card, I'm getting a smaller version of the same problem!! I took a photo and will try to upload.
  6. R

What are the benefits of polyines?

So far I have done everything I needed by simply using regular lines, arcs, circles etc. Out of curiosity I decided (about an hour ago) to experiment with polylines. So far I can't see that they would be of any benefit to me. However I must assume that they have redeeming qualities that I have...
  7. R

Can't find PDF regarding 'embedding' API access into script . . .?

As of V21 it became possible to 'embed' a C# (or C++, VB etc) routine into a script to provide API access through scripting. There were examples given (in a PDF file I believe) and I experimented a bit. I've forgotten whatever I learned and would like to find that PDF again. Alternatively a...
  8. R

Saving: script is not really saved!!

I generate parts and assemblies completely via scripting. At critical points I save and run the script, and then correct based on the resulting part. For me the scripts are the main thing. However, even though I save regularly, the actual python file on my computer is not actually updated...
  9. R

How do I access all edges in a part?

Figured it out. problem solved.
  10. R

AddPolygon seems to divide x,y location values by 10 . . .?

I've tried this with default units, and with units set to millimetres, with the same result. Anyone have any ideas? P = Part('MyPart') sk1 = P.AddSketch( 'sk1', P.GetPlane('XY-Plane') ) sk1.AddCircle( 10.0, 10.0, 5.0, False ) # add circle sk1.AddPolygon( 10.0, 10.0, 5.0, 6, False ) #...
  11. R

System Options: How to reset to 'factory default'?

I went into System Options mostly out of curiosity. I didn't tweak anything significant (or so I thought), however it has had the effect of increasing the weight of ALL lines in my parts (edges, lines indicating planes, labeling of the planes, etc). I went back into System Options and anything...
  12. R

Is it possible to use a Global Parameters file from a script

Even though I've been using Alibre for a while, I've never made use of the Global Parameters and Equation Editor, so my understanding of how it works might be off base. That said, as I understand it, when creating a part, I can add a circle to a sketch (for example) and select a value for its...
  13. R

Expanded scripting access to the API via C#?

Has anyone have any ideas or plans on how they will use this expanded access to the API? I'd especially like to see a few practical examples. Most of the examples that are presented in the PDF are not applicable to the way I am using scripting. For example, as it stands, all I can do is set a...
  14. R

Can I reorient a part when adding to an assembly (using script)?

I have a project that includes timing belts, each with several pulleys. The pulleys each have a single flange. Along the path of the belt the flanges alternate from side to side. So . . . I want to reorient some pulleys by 180 degrees as I insert them into the assembly (using scripting). Is that...
  15. R

script 2d fillet

I haven't found 2d-fillet in the API and suspect that it doesn't exist. 1. Am I right? 2. If so, has anyone written a script to create a 2d fillet?
  16. R

Nuisance: zoom close up lost when editing sketch (can this be fixed?)

I have sketches (created via a script) of a timing belt winding in and out around multiple timing pulleys and plain rollers. These can have well over two thousand short line segments. The trapezoidal profiles are only 'cosmetic' but I still want to avoid collisions where the belt lifts from a...
  17. R

remember the old 'AddSplineThroughPoints' of WizoScript . . .

As I recall, 'AddSplineThroughPoints' (which has disappeared along with WizoScript) took the degree of the spline as an argument. Typically that would be 3 which gives the usual cubic spline, but alternatively 2 for a fit using 2nd degree polynomials. (I never tried 1, but it would be...
  18. R

splines of 2nd order (vs 3rd order cubic splines)

I'm sure, in the last year or so, I saw a script function to create splines where the the degree was entered, allowing creation of splines of the second order. Now I can't find any reference to anything but 3rd order splines. Can anyone explain or show me where to look?
  19. R

Accessing lines, arcs, etc in a sketch

A couple of questions: From a script can I list all lines (for example) in a sketch, and get information about them? Can I name a line when I add it to a sketch and then refer to it by name to get info?
  20. R

How do I access variable file in a script?

My script sets values for over a hundred variables that are shared in the creation of several parts. Right now I have everything in one script. I set the values of the variables in a section at the top, then several sections to create the various parts. As I include more parts (and more...