What's new

Search results

1. dlaery

What determines the Item number in the BOM?

can that be changed? I am trying to come up with an order of assembly for someone to follow to put the assembly togeather or a set of directions.
  2. dlaery

exploded views

i found how to edit and delete
  3. dlaery

exploded views

is there a way to delete these or edit them like moving a part? I don't see anything in assembly that shows that I can open any one of these to edit. everything I select Exploded Views it just creates a new one
  4. dlaery

serious problem

ok it did it again. I was working on a new part. I was trying to add a new plane and this happens when I use the cube to line up the view to see where to place the plane and then when I zoom out with the wheel on the mouse everything disappears, I didn't save changes when it ask before shutting...
  5. dlaery

serious problem

there is nothing on the screen. in assembly i can activate sketch, select a plane in the design explorer, turn on grid and nothing shows up, blank screen like the pic i posted above. i had a backup and had to add some parts back and that file works fine. in this attached pic it shows 2 different...
  6. dlaery

serious problem

i have tried the "zoom to fit". I am using 27039. this occurred while on a "zoom meeting" and was zooming out and it went blank. I have been using the "zoom meeting" a lot in the past 4 weeks with different files. I have imported screws from McMasterCarr at different times throughout the...
  7. dlaery

serious problem

Some are hidden, I can open all of them in a separate window from the DE, edit. In assembly there are no visible planes. No cube nothing as my screenshot shows. I did click the regen.
  8. dlaery

serious problem

other assemblies open ok.
  9. dlaery

serious problem

I have an assembly i have been working on for 4 weeks and all of the sudden my screen is blank. if i click on a part in the design explorer and edit in a separate window it opens fine and displays the part but when i go back to assembly my screen is blank. i have restarted my computer and still...
  10. dlaery

Rotate the View

thank you! I didn't know that.
  11. dlaery

Rotate the View

I have an assembly with some long parts and some images that are slightly large and those seem to make it difficult to rotate a part to edit or to constrain without the part completely going off the screen out of site. I try to use this Set Rotation Points, sometimes it works and sometimes it...
  12. dlaery

can't change color of a part

thanks
  13. dlaery

can't change color of a part

I can't change the color of this part. it is a part of an assembly. I can't change the color in the assembly or in the part by itself.
  14. dlaery

Sheet metal square to round loft, export to dxf

I have created a lofted square to round sheet metal part using the Lofted command in sheet metal. when I did a flat pattern it is not lined up on a plane this is a frt view. When I create a drawing, in the preview window of the it, still shows not flat, then I try to rotate it to a flat view...
  15. dlaery

how to get rid of bend lines in a sheet metal drawing?

found it, in the Standard Views Creation under more options
  16. dlaery

how to get rid of bend lines in a sheet metal drawing?

I am helping a friend who has just purchased Alibre Expert, he has created a sheet metal part with flanges. then created a drawing to export as a dxf. It there a way to get rid of the bend lines in the drawing without editing with another program? the goal is to import into the lazer without...
  17. dlaery

Free screen sharing program

thanks! I take a look at it also.
  18. dlaery

Free screen sharing program

Thanks!