What's new

“Big name” Alibre users

thomasqm

The front page says “Alibre Design powers engineering projects for some of the best organizations in the world.” with a list of logos. I do wonder what NASA or Mitsubishi use Alibre for. They definitely can afford the best packages on the market so I am really curious about this. You can see these kind of companies on several websites of similar products (I believe I saw the NASA logo on quite a few CAD software websites) so this is more of a general question.

Any idea?

logos.jpg

simonb65

Alibre Super User
You''ll find companies like my old employer Trimble Inc on that list of users. In Trimble's case, whilst its a big company, the number of Alibre seats could be counted on one hand in the division I was part of. So, the real question is how many licenses do so of these large companies have. They may just have one in a small department, but the logo is a big endorsement for the product either way. Size of company is not always a sign of large amounts of users ... although it can be! You just can't tell.

Be nice if it had logo's of all us smaller companies too, would help us get some exposure for supporting the product! Would also be nice to see the variety of the designs that these large companies are doing using Alibre showing how versatile Alibre is.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Would also be nice to see the variety of the designs that these large companies are doing using Alibre showing how versatile Alibre is.
That would be my question. Aside any proprietary information/models/etc., just what are they designing? When you look a other CAD software websites, SolidWorks for example, they have some pretty unique models in their gallery.
But then a lot of the models could just as easily been created with Alibre with a different work flow.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

danwrnr11

That would be my question. Aside any proprietary information/models/etc., just what are they designing? When you look a other CAD software websites, SolidWorks for example, they have some pretty unique models in their gallery.
But then a lot of the models could just as easily been created with Alibre with a different work flow.
My point on this would be it is not a question of why the alibre presence at large companies is small in seats" but there must be a reason for alibre presence at all. IE it must take Alibre presence to make very special designs/prototypes period!
Just sayin'.