What's new

2-Inch Sweep Boss doesn't work (Resolved)

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Something simple but doesn't' work. Any ideas?
upload_2021-10-6_19-18-34.png

Attachments

• 2-inch Elbow.AD_PRT
    236 KB · Views: 4

JST

Alibre Super User
~sweep.png That sketch diameter did not work. Also, "rigid" did not work, which one would expect to be the case here.

Rigid does not allow the profile to change angle, so it ends up parallel to the last bit of the sweep, which is not allowed.*

If the profile is too large, the sweep intersects itself, but that does not seem to happen here.

I had to change to 0.06m profile before it would sweep. 0.061 was too big. Apparently the software decided it would intersect or otherwise not "result in a valid body".

* The help refernce associates "entire path" with "rigid" which is not appropriate. Rigid cannot be applied if the sweep turns 90 degrees.

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
JST,
f the profile is too large, the sweep intersects itself, but that does not seem to happen here.
Yes, I think that is my case. I need change the radius more than the section radius. How much must be the proportion in the equation editor?

GIOV

Alibre Super User
But as you said. I changed the path radius to 1.5 of the section radius and the end the section is parallel to the original section and not at 90 degree of the path. What is my mistake. I view the videos and I didn't find Part Feature Sweep. My be I need Stefan help!
upload_2021-10-6_20-19-13.png

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Only one detail. I have appreciated better Color Reflectivity in my old version that used the legacy Display and I don't need more. Like it.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
For some reason it didn't like your path. I replaced the path with a new sketch and it worked. o_Oo_O

replaced path.png

Attachments

• 2-inch Elbow Replaced Path.AD_PRT
    294 KB · Views: 2

JST

Alibre Super User
The parallel part was due to using "rigid". That holds the profile in the same orientation through the sweep. Uncheck that, and the profile will be at 90 deg to the path.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Uncheck that, and the profile will be at 90 deg to the path.
When I did that the sweep did not update correctly, Only when I replaced the sketch did it sweep, with Rigid unchecked. But this has been marked Resolved so that, as they say, is that.:)

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Thanks JST and HaroldL,
I finish my manifold and the 1.5&2-Inch elbow in metric units is ok. I did this with the 45 degree path option.
upload_2021-10-7_11-20-13.png
upload_2021-10-7_11-21-24.png
upload_2021-10-7_11-22-12.png
upload_2021-10-7_11-23-16.png
upload_2021-10-7_11-26-28.png
upload_2021-10-7_18-7-29.png

Last edited: