What's new

25 SP1 Launching Aug 3, 2022

Max

Administrator
Staff member
It is not yet out. Will launch in a few hours. You should restart Alibre Design later today and you should see a notification, based on your Update Settings found on the Utilities Tab of the Home Window.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Hi @Max , thanks for the SP1. I noticed that during the update process I got two messages asking if I wanted to continue or not because my computer needed to be rebooted to complete the install. This seems to be common when updating software and I've seen this on other programs. However, on other programs that I've gotten that message on when the install was complete there would be another prompt giving the option to reboot/restart now or at a later time. I did not see that option when updating Alibre SP1. Maybe that's something the developers could include on the next update package.
I did restart after the install was done but was a bit confused by the lack of a message or option to restart when the update was done.

edit:
Another issue I noticed is that when I selected to have the installer remove the old version of Alibre it left behind the folders but did delete the contents. I am assuming that I can delete those folders since they are empty.
Maybe a better job of cleaning up could be developed.

folders left after update.png

One other thing I noticed when I went to download a part from McMaster-Carr. Prior to v25 I only had to set my browser (Firefox) to open the file on download. I did that by selecting Alibre dot exe as the file to use. Now with the new versioning method I was surprised that I needed to reselect the updated version of Alibre since the old one was removed when SP1 was installed. That's no problem 'cuz now I set it to ask how to handle the file on download but I still needed to navigate to and select the new version of AD.

Last edited: