What's new

2D drawins scale in sketches

Iker Landaluce

Iker Landaluce

I have a doubt, in the 2D dragging section when I make a sketch this doesn’t have the same scale than the rest of the drawing. For example, if I´m drawing a line in a 1:10 drawing and I put a dimension of 4500 mm the line really measures 4500 mm in the drawing, instead of 450 mm, I want to know how can I make the sketch scale match with the scale I want.

Thanks

Iker Landaluce

Iker Landaluce

I have a doubt, in the 2D dragging section when I make a sketch this doesn’t have the same scale than the rest of the drawing. For example, if I´m drawing a line in a 1:10 drawing and I put a dimension of 4500 mm the line really measures 4500 mm in the drawing, instead of 450 mm, I want to know how can I make the sketch scale match with the scale I want.

Thanks

Iker Landaluce
Hi Iker -- Within a (Drawing's) Sketch the Scale Factor applies to Dimensions. Thus in a View with a "1:10 Sacle Factor" a 10 cm long Line will dimension out as 100 cm in length. -- Lew

anson

I don't think it's possible to make it match, but you could try always adding /10 after typing your dimension.

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Iker,

if you have created a drawing from a 3D Part and you have activatied a view of this part in the 2D-drawing you will automatically sketch in the selected scale for this view.
If you try to draw on the blank paper you will have no chance to activate a scale.
A front view of a simple 3d-Quader(3d-Part)
upload_2020-1-14_23-40-57.png
shown on the 2D-drawing, (blue) frame shows that it is a view, RMB on view lets you choose the scale
upload_2020-1-14_23-13-43.png

upload_2020-1-14_23-17-2.png

i've inserted a additional view on the same sheet, but set a different scale:

upload_2020-1-14_23-19-1.png

now if you activate the different views to draw in them, the appropriate scale is automatically choosen:

upload_2020-1-14_23-21-7.png

draw a line and the length will be shown in the 1:10 view:
upload_2020-1-14_23-22-52.png

i activated the 1:5 view and drew a line (i visually have drawn the same length on the screen as in the 1:10 view)
and the length shown in the 1:5 view is regarding to the different scale:
upload_2020-1-14_23-24-42.png

so you can see the scale is dependet from the you you are drawing in.

Regards
Stefan

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Typically Alibre Design is used with a progression of prototype and design in the 3D environment (Parts, Sheet Metal Parts, and Assemblies) and then document in the 2D environment (BOM, Drawings). Designing in 3D environment still uses 2D sketches as the base for most 3D features. You may want to check out the Tutorials, Exercise Manual, and Video Training found in the Explore tab of the Home window.

Forgive me if you already knew this - sometime new users don't.