What's new

3D connexion rotation view

jduran02

Hello,

I am a French user and I use 3Dconnexion to move the view in Alibre.
In large assembly, if I use a standard mouse I can select a part and rotate around it directly with the right and left clic.
If I select the same part and use the 3Dconnexion it did not turn around, it take the origin of the assembly to turn around.
I know, I can create a specific rotation point (ctrl+r) and save it. But I have to create a view for each part I want to see.
Did anybody have a efficient way to do that ?

Thanks for your help.

Jérémy
Alibre design V21 SP1
3DxWare 10.6.4 (That the latest for Windows 7 SP1 64bit)
Dell Precision M4800

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
If you start to rotate your model with the mouse (left and right click) then just hold the mouse still you can then use the 3D connexion device to rotate about the point that you selected with the mouse. Kind of a quick select rotation point.

I have my mouse rotation redefined to the right mouse button and it makes it a whole lot easier to rotate the models. I no longer have to coordinate the two mouse buttons which I have used but found a bit cumbersome.

jduran02

Thank for your trick ! It works fine to hold the mouse buttons during I rotate the view with the 3Dconnexion mouse.
I did not success to find the mouse rotation redefined, is this in the keyboard shortcut ?

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
System options -> All Workspaces -> Mouse interaction

that's just below Keyboard Shortcuts.