What's new

3D PDF results

jcdammeyer

I'm puzzled. The CNC-X-Axis file was created in 2008. The CNC-X-Axis-new was created today in 2020. Why is it when I see the file icon in windows explorer the colours match the 2008 file. But if I load the PDF only one item is coloured and the rest are gray. The 2008 file asks for the click to see 3D rendering but is coloured before and after it turns into the interactive document.

What's different? Why almost no colour in the newer one?

Thanks
John

Attachments

• CNC-X-Axis-new.pdf
    360.3 KB · Views: 27
  • CNC-X-Axis.pdf
    369.9 KB · Views: 18

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Issues with 3D PDF and assembly colour will be resolved in v21. 3D PDF is created in HOOPS from v2019 - the initial integration didn't exactly replicate that in previous versions. An update to HOOPS has been required to resolve these issues.

jcdammeyer

Thank you for your prompt reply. How much of this is actually from within Alibre? Here's a screen shot of a drawing the the assembly colours are not exactly as I'd expect. The pulley should be yellow, the top bracket should be a solid colour and not just parts. Same with the bottom bracket.

Attachments

• X-Axis_Assembly.jpg
    X-Axis_Assembly.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 26

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand your questions - 'How much of this is actually from within Alibre?' also 'the top bracket should be a solid colour and not just parts'

The issue I referred to is that colours applied in the assembly (rather than at part level) don't carry over to the 3D PDF.

Could you expand more, or perhaps send to support?

jcdammeyer

I'll ask support. The colours applied in assembly don't even show up properly in assembly as shown in the previous photo. So that's issue #1. The brackets should be a solid colour as well as the larger pulley. "Color properties" of the part "Use Assembly Color" set the colour and it doesn't show up as expected. Older versions of Alibre did not have this problem. So issue #2 then, and the real question, may well be whether the PDF issues is due to this problem or something with assemblies.

Attached is an example. Why only the hole in the pulley. I've selected the entire object. I expect the entire object to be that colour.

Attachments

• ColouredBore.jpg
    ColouredBore.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 17

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
You have 'feature colour' selected - does the bore feature have its own colour defined in the part?

I'm still not clear from your description - have you applied the colour for the part in the assembly, or do you want the colour set at Part level to display?

Make sure to send the files to support.

JST

Alibre Super User
I am confused....

When I look at the two, they appear to be exactly the same, with the exception that the new version seems to have the colors somewhat washed-out.

The "washed out" color seems to be a "feature" of version 20072, so it is not presumably the fault of the PDF