What's new

3D Printing Gallery

bigseb

Alibre Super User
My latest. Darth Vader's Imperial Shuttle. Got it off Thingiverse.
Material: Filaprint Premium PLA White
Layer height: 0.1mm
Print time: 44hrs

20180205_172344.jpg
20180205_172349.jpg
20180205_172356.jpg

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
yes, I have.

I worked and staged properly, but it appears the boost is a little too heavy. It staged only about 75 feet. I am trying to reduce its weight. I all ears for any suggestion that will help reducing its weight.

hradford5

yes, I have.

I worked and staged properly, but it appears the boost is a little too heavy. It staged only about 75 feet. I am trying to reduce its weight. I all ears for any suggestion that will help reducing its weight.
Can you print with carbon fiber reinforced nylon? I have been amazed at the weight difference, between PLA & nylon parts!

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I think my printer (CR-10) can ,but if I understand it correctly I would need a enclosure to keep the model at the proper temp.

hradford5

I think my printer (CR-10) can ,but if I understand it correctly I would need a enclosure to keep the model at the proper temp.
I don't use an enclosure and I print with it with no trouble. I think you need one for printing nylon that is not CF (carbon fiber). I don't remember, exactly, but the carbon fiber minimizes the shrinkage/warping, that you get from materials without it.

hradford5

I bought a stainless steel nozzle once to test out. Was a nightmare. Bed adhesion is a totally different animal with non-brass nozzle. So honestly I can't really recommend one.
Yeah, a stainless nozzle would be a nightmare, it has very low thermal conductivity.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
bigseb

I hear you big time about bed adhesion has been a major pain in my backside too. I can not do 2 prints in a row without troubles. And right now I am having trouble with the nozzle. I bought some on eBay and cannot print, it plugs up even after a new nozzle I can not manually feed filament through it. I have gone through 12 nozzles without a single print!!!

hradford5

What printer are you using, mine is Creality CR-10? That is expensive filament, I am going to save up my pennies. My printer's max nozzle temp is 260C so I would have to upgrade the printer controller box.

Where can I get your harden nozzle?

==================================

I am very open mind to any suggests on how to keep these new nozzles from plugging up. Also, may I ask where you buy your nozzles from.

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Unfortunately as soon as you use filament with some kind of filler (metal flake/particles, fibres, wood, etc) clogging will be an issue. Try 0.6mm.

I get mine on Amazon.

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Yes, you're correct about filled filament will plug up the nozzle very quickly. I am just using plain every day PLA filament without any filler. That why I am at wits end on what is causing this nozzle plugging.

bigseb could provide the a web link to the Amazon for the nozzles you bought?

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Last edited: