What's new

3DConnexion SpaceMouse and CadMouse in Atom3D

jasonmburns

While I am in Alibre Atom3D, if I try to edit the SpaceMouse settings which normally detects the software you are in while you are using it and allows you to customize settings exclusively/individually for the software you are using, the software settings are displayed for Windows Explorer instead. It doesn't detect the Alibre Atom3D environment for some reason. I need to change the SpaceMouse settings for Alibre Atom3D because while the device does work in the Alibre software, it is extremely sensitive. It is so sensitive that it is nearly impossible to use. If I slightly touch the puck/knob, things move so quickly it makes it very difficult to use. Since the software doesn't detect the Alibre Atom environment I also cannot customize the buttons for Alibre as I can in every other piece of software on my computer.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
Does the 3DC software need updating?

There have been reports of 3DC devices requiring software update to work with v22.

DJA

While I am in Alibre Atom3D, if I try to edit the SpaceMouse settings which normally detects the software you are in while you are using it and allows you to customize settings exclusively/individually for the software you are using, the software settings are displayed for Windows Explorer instead. It doesn't detect the Alibre Atom3D environment for some reason. I need to change the SpaceMouse settings for Alibre Atom3D because while the device does work in the Alibre software, it is extremely sensitive. It is so sensitive that it is nearly impossible to use. If I slightly touch the puck/knob, things move so quickly it makes it very difficult to use. Since the software doesn't detect the Alibre Atom environment I also cannot customize the buttons for Alibre as I can in every other piece of software on my computer.
Had same problem. Try this.
1st. Open 3Dconnection home.
2nd. Open Atom3D and make active.
3rd. Click 'settings'.
4th Should see 'Alibre Design'. Should now be able to edit 3Dconnection. I had to set speed to very slow.

upload_2020-12-13_12-31-37.png

jasonmburns

Does the 3DC software need updating?

There have been reports of 3DC devices requiring software update to work with v22.
No, I have the latest version. In fact, I just bought the device yesterday and when I installed it I used the latest driver/software from their website.

jasonmburns

Had same problem. Try this.
1st. Open 3Dconnection home.
2nd. Open Atom3D and make active.
3rd. Click 'settings'.
4th Should see 'Alibre Design'. Should now be able to edit 3Dconnection. I had to set speed to very slow.

View attachment 32211
Thanks! That worked. Not sure why it wasn’t detecting the Alibre environment before but I tried it in that exact order you posted and it worked.

DJA

Thanks! That worked. Not sure why it wasn’t detecting the Alibre environment before but I tried it in that exact order you posted and it worked.

Try this... open a part model and click the 'left' button on 3Dconnection and see if you get the dropdown as I am showing. If you do you can click properties and make changes. I still do not get 'actions' when I press the right 3Dconnections button. I think Atom3D is a dumbed down version of 'Design' and perhaps limits the button actions. Anyway I just use for maneuvering.. Glad it worked for you.

upload_2020-12-13_14-53-11.png