What's new

A "simple" lofting problem (3)

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Max,
Please consider the feature of Loft that is able to star with open Bow Sketch as show in this simple hull.
This feature will be good for me.
Thanks very much in advance,
GIOV
1672170313500.png

Attachments

• Hull Loft with Open Bow Sketch-GIOV-R1.AD_PRT
    288.5 KB · Views: 11

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
For symmetry a boat made by mirroring

Attachments

• SimpelBoatMirror (1).AD_PRT
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Hi Oldbelt,
I know many method for do a boat hull from the actual AD Features but my specific requirement is start the hull loft from the bow open sketch.
1672252285722.png

Thanks very much!
GIOV

GIOV

Alibre Super User
which open bow?
It is the forward Part of the boat that I do like to do the shape with open 2D Sketch to apply Hull Loft with Sections and 3D Sketch as guide Side Sheers, Chines and the Keel.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Sounds like an enhancement request needs to be submitted to Support.

I was going to suggest that you use a small Thin Extrude for the bow. Then loft from the face of the thin extrude to the remaining sketches. But Alibre doesn't allow guide curves when lofting between faces and sketches. I think you're going to run into a problem with the transition from the bow to the keel because the bottom of the bow curve is on the bottom and aligned with the keel.

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
GiOV, there are not many methods to do a boat using ALIBRE features.
What you want is far out from the functionality of the mathematical core in ALIBRE.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Nate and GIOV.
It seems that none of you has loaded the part in my post 2 and 3.
The "very point" is a tiny section sketch !!
Bow curve is a part of the keel curve.
My image is that same method. I don't have a V26. but I loaded one of your model.
Professor Oldbelt, do not boast too much about your achievements that others have already done (see Post 4) and ask for another achievement that is feasible if Alibre implements a loft guide curve between open Sketches or closed sketches. Today it is only with closed sketches. The biggest achievement (My post 1) would be between open sketches and closed sketches but that requires a lot of study.
The best for 2023 to all!

Oldbelt

Alibre Super User
GIOV, to my knowledge # 2 and 3 is before #4 in the number sequence,
but newer mind I wish you a happy new year.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
GIOV, to my knowledge # 2 and 3 is before #4 in the number sequence,
but newer mind I wish you a happy new year.
No, I did the model before as one of my traditional method. Only I am asking for a new method that will be a big achievement for AD.
Yes, Happy New Year 2023 Oldbelt.!

idslk

Alibre Super User
Only I am asking for a new method
have you seen this in an other program or is it realy new?
For which purposes except boats will it be helpful?
Do you have a vision of how the transfomation between the closed profile sketch and the open bow should work?
May it will be an big achievement for you, but also for Alibre?

Best Regards
Stefan

GIOV

Alibre Super User
ave you seen this in an other program or is it realy new?
Do you have a vision of how the transfomation between the closed profile sketch and the open bow should work?
have you seen this in an other program or is it realy new?
It is really new as toll Prof. Oldbelt because is out of the existing functionality of the mathematical core in ALIBRE
GiOV, there are not many methods to do a boat using ALIBRE features.
What you want is far out from the functionality of the mathematical core in ALIBRE.
Many solid form will be achieved easy and fast.
The concept may be is in a Symmetric Matrix & Determinant like a Solid Flow from one open perpendicular section to the other close sketches sections of one body that of course include guide curves.
I think so. If you read the above answer.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
It seems that no one is interested in my concept because Ralf, Ken226 and simonb65 do not trust my affirmations.
Thanks and The best for 2023 Stefan!

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
@Oldbelt I must admit I hadn't opened the files - just suggested a logical solution.

@GIOV What is the difference in end result of doing it with a tiny sketch on the end vs the enhancement you suggest? I haven't tried it but can you use guide curves on a loft that ends at a point?

GIOV

Alibre Super User
@GIOV What is the difference in end result of doing it with a tiny sketch on the end vs the enhancement you suggest? I haven't tried it but can you use guide curves on a loft that ends at a point?
Nate, Thank for your interest.
For me it is a non-trivial achievement since I can loft from a simple but compact curve to sections with closes sketches, leaving aside the mini enclosed planar one that invites deformation of the final surface of the solid and I am forced to use many guide curves to achieve a descending smooth surface. I have a lot of experience in this.
With an old surface program I can do it very accurately but only with open sections. It is a very old but extraordinary program. I have been using it since I graduated from my specialty. In rhino3D I can also do it but only with open Sketches or closed Sketches and not with one open and the others closed as I wish.
As I say, it is not something vain.