What's new

AD 2018.2.19071 goes dumb after exporting an assemby to Keyshot 7

oldfox

Alibre Super User
I export an assembly using File>Export as a .bip file
No problems with KS but AD goes dumb and shows the dreaded (not responding) suffix on the file name.
And yes, I've waited minutes to see if it comes back but no luck.
Anyone else seeing this or have a fix???
I'm also posting this in "Using Alibre Design" for those folks who don't see it in the KS forum.

TIA
oldfox

idslk

Alibre Super User
Happy new year oldfox,

same time i updated to AD 2018.2.19071, i also have updated keyshot to 8 and i can export a .bip file without any problems.
Is there a special reason why you don't update KS to 8?

Regards
Stefan

oldfox

Alibre Super User
And a Happy New Year to you, Stefan, and many, many more to come.

Is there a special reason why you don't update KS to 8?

Just never took the time. I rarely use Keyshot so it just wasn't a critical priority. I'll install KS 8 and give it a try.

Thanks,
oldfox

JST

Alibre Super User
I found KS 6, which I am still using due to laziness, fails to save a BIP when asked to, until prodded to do so. I wonder if the issues are related?

That was also true of KS 5, now that I think about it.... With Win 7 and possibly with the old XP version as well.

Last edited:

oldfox

Alibre Super User
I wonder if the issues are related?

I really don't know enough about KS yet to do much other than slap a few colors on a model. But it has never given me any problems that I
can remember. My current problem is just that Alibre goes dumb but I can go on ahead working with the KS model which imported just fine.
If the issues are related I would guess that they are distant, way down the tree, cousins.