What's new

AD27 crashes when closing a drawing

Skypilot

I am experiencing an issue where AD27 crashes when I close a drawing.
It only seems to happen when the drawing is fairly complex. The model consists of about 900 parts and sub assemblies.
I can generate a single-view 2D drawing, save it, and continue to work with it, but when I close the drawing to go back to the 3D model, Alibre completely shuts down.
Then I have to restart it and reload the model, which takes a few minutes each time.

This does not occur with smaller models (~100 or so parts).

In general, working with the large model is painfully slow, but the only thing that makes Alibre crash completely is when I close a drawing.

I have searched for this problem on the forum, but can't find any threads with something similar.
I would appreciate any insight anyone might be able to provide about how to resolve this.

Thanks.

Alibre Design Expert 27 (build 27039)
Windows 10 Pro on Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB SSD
Intel Core i7 6900K 3.2 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1070 GPU
Working files reside on a Synology NAS

EDIT: Additional observation after my original post:
The crash only occurs when I have both the 3D model open on one monitor, and the drawing on another monitor. Closing the drawing crashes Alibre.
However if I open the drawing directly from the start screen, and not the model at the same time, then I can close the drawing and Alibre stays alive (Start screen remains visible ready to open another file).
Maybe this is some kind of memory management issue?

Last edited:

Skypilot

I open the model then create the drawing. I can work with the drawing normally and save it, but when I close it, Alibre crashes, closing the model window and the start screen.

However I found if I only open the drawing, then close it, Alibre does not crash - the start screen is still there and I can open files normally. So it only seems to crash completely when the model is open at the time of closing the drawing.