What's new

Adjust zoom granularity?

Hello. Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the amount of zoom per rotation of the mouse wheel? My objective is to display a 3D model at its actual size. I want to compare the model to a physical part. Currently, one indexed rotation of the mouse displays the part either a bit too large or a bit too small. It may be a function of the mouse I have and not be adjustable within Design. Thanks

OTE_TheMissile

Alibre Super User
Not that I'm aware (obligatory mention of "I'm using an older version of Alibre") but if you check under the "Viewing and Analysis" tab there should be a standalone Zoom control that will allow you to click and drag anywhere in the workspace to zoom in and out with possibly a higher degree of precision than you get with your mouse wheel.

54tw45t4wtgr5.png

simonb65

Alibre Super User
Hello. Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the amount of zoom per rotation of the mouse wheel? My objective is to display a 3D model at its actual size. I want to compare the model to a physical part. Currently, one indexed rotation of the mouse displays the part either a bit too large or a bit too small. It may be a function of the mouse I have and not be adjustable within Design. Thanks
Sounds like a candidate for the addition of a 1:1 view button that shows the model at actual size based on your monitors DPI resolution :cool:

Sounds like a candidate for the addition of a 1:1 view button that shows the model at actual size based on your monitors DPI resolution :cool:
Not that I'm aware (obligatory mention of "I'm using an older version of Alibre") but if you check under the "Viewing and Analysis" tab there should be a standalone Zoom control that will allow you to click and drag anywhere in the workspace to zoom in and out with possibly a higher degree of precision than you get with your mouse wheel.

View attachment 38281
Thanks for the tip @OTE_TheMissile. The resolution is sooo much better!