What's new

Alibre and Alibre Express?

ecope

Alibre and Alibre Express?

Hi all,

I have Alibre Design Expert and a guy asked me the other day about alibre express. He was wondering if alibre files could be opened in alibre express and alibre express files be opened in regular alibre?

Has anyone tried this yet?

Thanks!

Eric

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

This is exactly what they promise with Alibre xpress.
Large assemblies can be opened in Xpress but they cannot be edited or saved unless they have fewer than 25 different parts (first 100,000) or 5 (current free version).
There is no limit of individual part complexity but I'm not sure what happens if your part uses advanced modelling like shells and the xpress version doesn't have shells (only the first 100,000 had it). Probably they wont be able to edit that part or at least that feature in that part.

Uman

I have a licensed seat of Alibre Design and have been unable to successfully transfer design files to my colleague and view it in Alibre Express. What is the correct method to perform this?

Jeff in Florida

moyesboy

Alibre Super User

I think that if you save your assembly as alibre step then the ADX user will be able to open it ayt leasty read only.
...but only save it/edit it if it complies with the 5 (or 25) separate component limit.
They can delete parts down to the parts count limit and edit the ones remaining.
ADX does not have the BOM so if your step is containing the assy drawing with a BOM then maybe thats why it can't open it?
You can send me your assy and I'll see if I can open it in ADX if you want.
...I guess so far this thread should remain in this forum?