What's new

Alibre Crashing a lot since last update.

DBC

I am having lots of program crashes since the last update Version: 2019 64-bit [Build 20065]

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.CreateHandle(CreateParams cp)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateGraphicsInternal()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateGraphics()
at com.alibre.executive.ExceptionDialog.initForm()
at com.alibre.executive.ExceptionDialog..ctor(Exception exception, Boolean fromExecutive, Boolean isFatal, String[][] pairs)
at com.alibre.executive.ExceptionDialog.showException(Exception exception, Boolean fromExecutive, Boolean isFatal, String[][] contextPairs)
at com.alibre.app.ClientProblemReporter.report(Exception exception, Boolean hintToConfirm, Boolean hintToAbort)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProcException(Exception e)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at com.alibre.app.ApplicationHost.run()
at com.alibre.client.ClientContext.run()
at com.alibre.app.Client.Main(String[] arguments)

Jake_Steidy

Are you using a processor with integrated graphics processor, or does your computer use a dedicated graphics processor?

I had problems with this earlier this week, right after updating, and also during the 20055 update, and I was able to get past it by disabling my on-board Intel graphics processor. You can do this by accessing it through device manager > display adapters > then disable Intel graphics. Also check to see if your graphics processors have any driver updates.

Jacob

DBC

Are you using a processor with integrated graphics processor, or does your computer use a dedicated graphics processor?

I had problems with this earlier this week, right after updating, and also during the 20055 update, and I was able to get past it by disabling my on-board Intel graphics processor. You can do this by accessing it through device manager > display adapters > then disable Intel graphics. Also check to see if your graphics processors have any driver updates.

Jacob

Hi Jacob.

Thanks for you reply. I don't know the answer to your question as I am not very hardware savvy. I have a Nvidia Quadro K1200 card. I don't see anything that shows intel graphics.

Attachments

• Screen-0019.jpg
    Screen-0019.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen-0020.jpg
    Screen-0020.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen-0021.jpg
    Screen-0021.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen-0022.jpg
    Screen-0022.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen-0023.jpg
    Screen-0023.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 10

Jake_Steidy

Hello Don,

No worries at all, can you describe how Alibre crashes in a bit more detail if possible? Also see if you can run that driver update and if it comes comes up with an update. It seems that there should be an update for your Nvidia Quadro K1200. You can also check on Nvidia's website for drivers at [https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx] and download and install from there. Let me know if this helps.

Jacob

DBC

Hello Don,

No worries at all, can you describe how Alibre crashes in a bit more detail if possible? Also see if you can run that driver update and if it comes comes up with an update. It seems that there should be an update for your Nvidia Quadro K1200. You can also check on Nvidia's website for drivers at [https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx] and download and install from there. Let me know if this helps.

Jacob

Thanks Jacob, I will see if there is an update but I believe I did one not so long ago, but perhaps it was longer than I think it was.

As for what I was doing when it was crashing continually was working on some part sketches that the program seemed to find excessively complex. Here is a screen capture of one that crashed the program quite a few times. I was able to make it though by saving constantly so as to not lose my work after each crash. See Screen-0024

There were other parts that gave similar issues with crashing and it was always during part sketch creation.

One part that I could simply not do in Alibre was the sheet metal numbered tube front cage with its 3D hexigon pattern. I ended up having to do it in TurboCAD and import into Alibre via STEP format. See Screen-0025

In the end, I was able to finish the project and render in KeyShot, so that made me happy. See attached render. I am a bit ahead of schedule with this one. :)

Attachments

• Screen-0024.jpg
    Screen-0024.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screen-0025.jpg
    Screen-0025.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Numbered Vacuum Tubes Presentation (AD-KS) DBC_1200.png
    Numbered Vacuum Tubes Presentation (AD-KS) DBC_1200.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 35

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Don,
nice model and nice render.
One part that I could simply not do in Alibre was the sheet metal numbered tube front cage with its 3D hexigon pattern.
Where had been the difficulties?
Regards
Stefan

DBC

Hello Don,
nice model and nice render.

Where had been the difficulties?
Regards
Stefan

Just laying out the hexagon pattern. Even just trying to layout a 1/4 of it would bring the program to a crawl, so slow that it was pointless to try and continue. This screen capture is what I was trying to achieve. It needed to be made either as a whole or as a quarter and them mirror copied as needed. Then it still needed to be bent into shape. Couldn't get to the bending stage in Alibre. It all worked flawlessly in TurboCAD.

I attached a dwg if you want to try. Open in millimeters.

Attachments

• Screen-0000.jpg
    Screen-0000.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen-0001.jpg
    Screen-0001.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Front Cage Profile.dwg
    317.7 KB · Views: 9

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello Don,

i made a very quick sheetmetal...no dimensions, only to show a way... (do not do this in real life;))
May you try such an approach...
upload_2019-10-15_21-50-42.png

Regards
Stefan

Attachments

• waben2.AD_SMP
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited: