What's new

ZDB PDM for Alibre Design and Atom3D

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I hope it's ok if I answer some.

It's a third party external program for quickly searching for Alibre Design files by name or properties and finding connected Alibre Design files and grouping related files of any type. But this info must be compiled into a database for speed.

SQLite is a type of database and is the type this program uses to store the info for quick searching.

ZDB?

Not owned by Alibre LLC.

Maybe what many people want - it's hard to say. Definitely beneficial.

CADTEC Switzerland GmbH is the Alibre Design reseller in Switzerland.
https://www.alibre.com/worldwide/

"Member" on here means forum member. You yourself are a senior member for the number of posts.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Does this add on let you Save As to rename files outside of Alibre instead of having to open each one to do it? If you could select a file from a list then assign a new name to save it as, and maintain the files associativity, that would be a real benefit. That functionality could allow you to copy a model to a new location with different name(s) for creating a new model based on the one selected. We used that a lot in the part of the company that produced all the customized product based on a standard product for various customers.

I'm thinking of a feature we had in SolidWorks at my old employ where you could search on a model an selectively copy parts and drawings to create a new model with all its drawings. I think it was part of the Enovia PDM system we had installed.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Does this add on let you Save As to rename files outside of Alibre instead of having to open each one to do it? If you could select a file from a list then assign a new name to save it as, and maintain the files associativity, that would be a real benefit. That functionality could allow you to copy a model to a new location with different name(s) for creating a new model based on the one selected. We used that a lot in the part of the company that produced all the customized product based on a standard product for various customers.

I'm thinking of a feature we had in SolidWorks at my old employ where you could search on a model an selectively copy parts and drawings to create a new model with all its drawings. I think it was part of the Enovia PDM system we had installed.
Only Alibre has the ability to make that kinda thing work.

cadtec

Hi Nate

Thanks for the request.
Within an assembly these can be duplicated X times.
What workflow should we make to implement this search function?
Maybe it is better to continue this discussion in the private area of this forum? What do you think?

cadtec

Thanks to everyone for the interesting feedback in the private message section.
We have uploaded a new release with the following improvements:

New Functions (March 15, 2021)

1. All ZDB modules are now bilingual (English and German) the language is automatically detected and the modules start in the set Windows language.
  2. A separate, additional data field for private data has been implemented in the viewer. There you can save an additional note while browsing the records and search for it later.
  3. ZDBImport.exe and ZDBConstituents.exe can now run simultaneously in the background without causing a write conflict in the database.
  4. A new limit field has been added to the display of records, especially in the live search. This means that the records found are displayed more quickly, which is particularly advantageous in the case of a huge database.
  5. Other small bugs have been eliminated.
Please use the updated download link in the top post.

cadtec

New Functions (November 24, 2021)
  1. Now also works with Alibre Design and Atom3D V23 and V24.
  2. Some internal functions optimised.

cadtec

New Functions (January 5, 2023)
  1. Now also works with Alibre Design Expert, Professional and Atom3D V23 - V26.
  2. Some internal functions optimized.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
I've got an idea for you - two separate Alibre add-ons that hook into the ZDB Alibre-Database/program. Running the first add-on would locate and open the drawing (if one exists) to the current opened file. Running the second add-on would open up the search results showing all related files to the current open file. Maybe simple to do if the program accepts command line arguments.

cadtec

New additional tool (ZDBStarter) for ZDB (March 22, 2023)
The tool installs itself in Alibre Design in the ribbon Scrippt. It starts the drawing database directly and displays the record in ZDB.
All programmes are bilingual in English / German. The language is automatically detected.
Download here... also have a look at the video on this page...

cadtec

New Functions (January 05, 2024)
  1. Evaluation of files with high activity added by popular request. Can be found in the DB Viewer in the last column labeled Count.
  2. Already running with Alibre Design V27 SP Buid 27039
  3. Some internal optimizations made.

cadtec

Improvements and Fixes (January 17, 2024)
  1. Improvements in the optimization of subquery columns
  2. Fixes for reading over the end of memory buffers and other specific situations and improvements in the query optimizer
  3. Improvements to the query planner, new functions and security improvements
  4. Improvements in handling SQL functions that could break and other bug fixes.
  5. Fixes for a performance regression in the Query Planner and application of fixes for various security issues
  6. Fixes for incorrect results for certain queries and other issues
  7. Fixes for memory leaks.