What's new

Alibre Design Cambam Plugin?

Ken226

Alibre Super User
I found some old threads both here and on the Cambam forum about an old add-on/plugin.

I tried to install the add-on using info from this old Cambam forum thread, but as expected nothing works since this stuff is from around 2011-2012 ish. Modifying this stuff to work with V25 is way over my head.

Anyone know anything about this add-on? Can it be modified to work with the current version of Alibre?

I've attached the files from the old versions of the add-on.

I would love to have a button in the add-on ribbon that opens CamBam with a .stl of the currently running model in Alibre. And perhaps, be able to create a button to do the same thing with my 3d printer slicer (Flashprint).

Attachments

• AD2CB.dll-rev1.1.zip
    84.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AD2CB-rev1.1.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 2
  • alibre2012Pro _dll.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 3

Cator

Hi Ken, I would also need the same process but with MeshCam....could someone help me,of course paying?
Regards
Francesco

Ken226

Alibre Super User
Hi Ken, I would also need the same process but with MeshCam....could someone help me,of course paying?
Regards
Francesco

It's not quite the same thing, but this script is what I've been using. It works surprisingly well.

I created a temp folder in my documents folder for the .STL export path.

Upon running the script, a dialogue let's you select up to three programs. It's titled as a .stl export slicer script, but it works great with CamBam as well as Flashprint.

Thread 'STL-Export-and-Slice' https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/stl-export-and-slice.23566/

Thanks to @cadtec for creating it.

bolsover

@Ken226, @cadtec
I rather like the cadtec approach of being able to open the exported file in different programs.
I took a different path and have written an AddOn.

Albre Export Open .stl

The distribution includes an installer that will add a new menu item to Alibre. The export function simply prompts you to save the exported file and then opens it with the default program registered to handle .stl files. In my case, I use PrusaSlicer.

David

Ken226

Alibre Super User
@Ken226, @cadtec
I rather like the cadtec approach of being able to open the exported file in different programs.
I took a different path and have written an AddOn.

Albre Export Open .stl

The distribution includes an installer that will add a new menu item to Alibre. The export function simply prompts you to save the exported file and then opens it with the default program registered to handle .stl files. In my case, I use PrusaSlicer.

David

Very cool add on. Thanks David, I appreciate it.

I downloaded it and it was very easy to install and use.

Cator

It works really really well, thank you David...I don't know if I should move it to resources as well or at any rate to a place where so many of the forum can see it

bolsover

It works really really well, thank you David...I don't know if I should move it to resources as well or at any rate to a place where so many of the forum can see it
Push it to resources if you think it is worthy!
Probably best to link to the GitHub release - I might update.
David