What's new

Alibre Design gets stuck very long on "accessing data" when opening certain assembly files

EvaCAD

Hello, I am experiencing a problem since about a week. Some assembly files take very long to open and especially spend a long time in "accessing data". What I do not understand is that some other assembly files that are even heavier with more parts do not have that issue. Anyone knows what is the software actually tries to do when "accessing data" about? Understanding this would maybe help me in identifying the problem.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Try opening the parts from the assembly individually and rebuild/update them, then save and close them. After going thru all the parts try opening the assembly again and see if it opens quicker and without the "accessing data" message.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
It is probably looking for files. Have you renamed or moved any files from outside Alibre Design? When the Assembly does open, are there any warnings about missing items?

Are some files stored in different location from the others? Are you using cloud storage?