What's new

Alibre Graphics Support for V23, V24 under Windows 10/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

H-L-Smith

It considering replacing my main workstation, which is an HP Z400 with an NVIDIA Quadro 2000 graphics card running Windows 7 Pro and two monitors (1600 x 1200 and 1920 x 1200). HP tells me it can't be upgraded to Windows 10/11 operating systems. In looking over current HP products (my brand preference), I see the high end workstations now have graphic cards driving multiple 4K displays.

I have V23 Alibre Expert with maintenance, so V24 isn't too far off, and apparently Windows 11 will appear soon too. So here are my hardware questions:

1) Looking ahead to the V24/Windows 11 combination, what will be the practical upper end of screen resolutions I should shoot for with a new workstation?

2) Does Alibre have any practical limit on the graphic cards and resolutions it can support in either V23 or V24 (Beta)?

Thanks in advance,

Lonnie

rabbit88

Hi Lonnie,

I am running a radeon pro 7 with a 2 4k monitors and one 5k (5120x2160) on which i normally run alibre, it works great, no limitations I am aware of aside from an odd interaction with a usb displayport monitor. I have also tested these monitors with a quadro 4000, no issues at all, runs great. I usually run Alibre oin the really high res monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.