What's new

Alibre PhotoRender Question

ifc69

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, but this was my best guess.

Is there any way to apply a texture/pattern to a single surface of a solid? If my model is a basic solid cube, and I drag a texture/pattern onto a face, the texture/pattern is applied to the entire solid. I've tried importing an .sat file and converting the model into individual surfaces, but when I load Alibre PhotoRender the surfaces don't show up. The only other thing I can think of is using thin wall extrude.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, even if someone suggests using a different rendering program. :)

Ian

jhardy1

SimLab Composer can do this - current pricing: US$149: http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-products/ ... -main.aspx

Thanks, ralf3, for bring this to my attention: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10941

The attached render was modelled in Alibre Standard as a single solid part, exported as Step 203, rendered in SimLab Composer, using a different material / texture for each face.

(P.S. I'm not saying it's a GOOD render, just demonstrating that it is possible! :D )

Attachments

• SimLab_31.jpg
    SimLab_31.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 173

ifc69

Show off! LOL! I saw that in another thread. Looks pretty sweet. I've also had my eye on Blender but I get the impression the learning curve is significantly higher for that one. I'm a big fan of drag and drop! Haha.

Thanks for your input.

Ian