What's new

Alibre running slow

dlaery

Alibre Super User
since the newest version it takes a file a little longer to load, or to switch back from edit in separate window to assembly, but today it seems to be running slower than last week.
I am working with an assembly with 3 parts and twice it has locked up on switching back from edit in separate window. Now I have to use task manager to shut down. when this has happen before I see that there is 2 of Alibre running in "Processes" that is not the case right now. any suggestions? my computer is pretty fast for me, it is a gaming computer with a sufficient video card.
my observation is this has just started in the last 2 days of getting worse. I have tried several files and they are 1 to 3 parts per file.

dlaery

Alibre Super User
I did a "Repair/re-install", rebooted and now it works like it should, it doesn't lockup or the lag is gone.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I did a "Repair/re-install", rebooted and now it works like it should, it doesn't lockup or the lag is gone.
Where did you find the option to "repair/reinstall" Alibre? :confused:

In my "Settings>Apps and Features" I only see Modify (grayed out) and Uninstall.

1660164892106.png

dlaery

Alibre Super User
for the last several days I get a message when I open Alibre that says "New Version", (I did the new version the day it came out, and the update to the new version ) then I click on update and the next window gives me the 2 options of Repair or uninstall.
it didn't do this today. I would guess if you click Uninstall then you will have the choice of Repair or Uninstall.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
That's odd, it sounds like your update did not go well or complete and then gave you the "New Version" message. Just curious, did you restart your computer after you installed the first update?

dlaery

Alibre Super User
i don't remember, but normaaly no unless I am instructed to. but after the 1st update to the last version, then everthing worked smooth again. for a while and then one day i got the message about an update, I thought was another one, and then 3 to 4 times after everytime I would start Alibre, so I decided it wan't new updates, maybe I hadn't restarted, but it works better now.